leak into cabin >

leak into cabin

Notices

leak into cabin

Old 06-09-2012, 03:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leak into cabin

I have 24ft 1997 outlaw. Last summer i kept finding water in my cabin. The location I found it in was the bottom of the front compartment, (where the baja logo lid is), Also i found it in the both port side in compartments. A puddel of water. I keep the boat on the trailer. Also I had the port side hatch sealed, last spring. I thought the hatch was leaking but the ceiling was not wet. I have pop up cleates. I have a few good chips in the v (from 1st owner) of the hull not to deep, but It is thru the gel coat and i see fiber glass. I keep it in the back yard during the season. Any suggestions on cause and the fix. I had my mechanic check it out and I told him about the hoses connected to the cleats. He didn't seem to find the cause. Please help? I brought this issues up before.

Last edited by conneroutlaw; 06-09-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by conneroutlaw
I have 24ft 1997 outlaw. Last summer i kept finding water in my cabin. The location I found it in was the bottom of the front compartment, (where the baja logo lid is), Also i found it in the both port side in compartments. A puddel of water. I keep the boat on the trailer. Also I had the port side hatch sealed, last spring. I thought the hatch was leaking but the ceiling was not wet. I have pop up cleates. I have a few good chips in the v (from 1st owner) of the hull not to deep, but It is thru the gel coat and i see fiber glass. I keep it in the back yard during the season. Any suggestions on cause and the fix. I had my mechanic check it out and I told him about the hoses connected to the cleats. He didn't seem to find the cause. Please help? I brought this issues up before.
Hello conneroutlaw,
I had the same issues when I first bought my boat (before I had my garage). When my boat sat outside overnight, the dew and rain would fall and water would run off the sides. Water was coming in thru my rub rails. I took the rub rail apart and sealed the screws and rivots that attached the rail to the hull with clear silicone. This solved all my problems.

Hope this helps or you can get a full cover that goes over the rails.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered

Default leak

Originally Posted by quick69
Hello conneroutlaw,
I had the same issues when I first bought my boat (before I had my garage). When my boat sat outside overnight, the dew and rain would fall and water would run off the sides. Water was coming in thru my rub rails. I took the rub rail apart and sealed the screws and rivots that attached the rail to the hull with clear silicone. This solved all my problems.

Hope this helps or you can get a full cover that goes over the rails.
I had my top middel rail sealed on the middel of the top of the hull last year. I will look at my rub rail when i get it back

Thanks for the help I wil try it and see what happens

jj