2000 Baja H2X repower >

2000 Baja H2X repower

Notices

2000 Baja H2X repower

Old 06-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Baja H2X repower

Looks like I'll be repowering with the new 8.2 mag from mercruiser. 7.4 mpi is full of water! Getting the complete engine from Michigan motorz. They will be sending an agi box to wire in the gauges etc. the question I have is the 7.4 mpi had emi exhaust hooked to the corsa through transom exhaust. There does not appeare to be any baffles in the system? What would need to be done to remedy this? Also what kind of speed could I expect with this new set up? I have the B1 drive with a 23P mirage prop currently. I have no idea what it ran with the 7.4 mpi since the motor was junk when I bought it! ( it passed a pre purchase inspection with flying colors). The shop that did the inspection thinks I'm crazy but I have an engine full of water rusty plugs and no compression to prove it..... Hate buying used
Old 07-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Registered

That's a real downer man,hate to here stories like that,you did not run it before buying?
Old 07-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered

We did take it for a leisurely ride and I had it inspected by a dealer in the town where the boat was located. The Marian gave it a clean bill of health and it seemed fine on the short test run. Somehow between the test run and the mechanic it filled with water! The previous owner left it in the water overnight before I picked it up and I took it straight to my mechanic for the once over and suddenly it needs a 7k rebuild! Previous owner will not do a thing for me! I'm just ready to get this thing fixed and in the water. I am now a proud owner of a 30 thousand dollar h2x. Sucks not sure if I will be able to recoupe any money from the previous owner I've sold a snowmobile in the past that blew up and I made it right with the buyer guess the good guy never wins