Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Just got a steal on a 03 36OL got ?'s >

Just got a steal on a 03 36OL got ?'s

Notices

Just got a steal on a 03 36OL got ?'s

Old 06-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there really that much negotiation room on boats like this?? I'm in a similar price range but wouldn't even have considered making an offer on something that far out of my price zone. Let me say GOOD FOR YOU MAN! That takes some guts to drive that far, buy a trailer and all of that to get the right deal! Sounds like you've got a few things to sort out, but such is life with about any new (to you) boat you'll buy. Love the graphics and interior!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered

Your drives have trim limit and gauge position sender switches mounted on either side of them....the port side switches are the limit and the strbd side switches are for gauge position...be careful, sounds like you have a salt water boat, the two screws that you must loosen will be hard to get loose without breaking them...use bp blaster, let it set on them overnite.....then try and loosen very carefully...if you break them, you will just have to drill them out..pita..Use a tap to clean up the threads if you are successful in getting them out!!

As far as the Soleniods go for the silent choice, sounds fishy all 4 don't work... They are prone to grounding issues, make sure you have voltage back there, and make sure the breaker isn't tripped..

Nice graphics!.. I like the look
Old 07-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Registered

ya i8 found some of them try to work one has no spring or is broken do i want to go with the new 3 wire solinoids? or can u still find the 4wire ones?? do you have to use new wiring harness or can u hard wire new ones?

all butterflys move freely just solinoids are toast i think
Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Registered

If you have the 4 wire solnds, you can use the 3 wire ones. You just wont use the grn wire as i remember, but i will confirm that either later today or tomorrow. Also you will just need to cut off the plug modules and just use bullet connectors. They will work perfectly!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bajapred
If you have the 4 wire solnds, you can use the 3 wire ones. You just wont use the grn wire as i remember, but i will confirm that either later today or tomorrow. Also you will just need to cut off the plug modules and just use bullet connectors. They will work perfectly!

cool thanks i just need to find who has them for the best price now
Old 07-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Registered

Sounds like a ncie boat.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Good deal on a nice boat, I used to have an 03, great cockpit room and awesome cabin.

Soot- run only 87 octane, it will reduce it....but it is something you will have to deal with

68 mph is about where that boat will run depending on load. 26 seems like a lot of pitch, they come with 24 from the factory. Don't expect it to be a speed demon, its hard to make it go fast. But it has a great layout and can handle the rough stuff.

Being that it is a salt water boat find and clean your inline fuses for the trim and tab pumps. They are close to the pumps themselves and are a cheap set up IMO, I had problems with them in fresh water

Do your self a favor, open the step on the cabin to the front bilge and plug both tubes that come into it form the back. The back bilge will drain to the front when slowing down or running on the trailer, the water then gets trapped below the front bilge pump pickup and will stink up your cabin. I think the tubes are there to drain the front to the back, but it works the wrong way.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

and....me thinks your "clear coat" problem is not a clear prob but a gel coat oxidation problem. Hit it with some 1000 sand paper and heavy cut oxidation remover on a buffer and you will be good to go
Old 07-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Registered

Default 36 outlaw information

Ive owned a 99 with 525sc's, a 2003 with 46 h/o's and presently a 2000 with 500 efi's and everyone one is pretty much right on with there comments.Your boat will do a max of 68 with drives trimmed up as far as you can get them in fresh water and thats it.My 03 had 26 labbed bravo 1's on it and it would only turn 5000.I ran the fridge the entire day on all three of my 36's when out and never had any battery issues.I had the full galley package on my three 36's which consisted of Microwave,Fridge and sink along with Television and pump out head.All had the vacu flush toilet and it works with a foot valve then you turn on the 12 volt mercerator pump to transfer it to your holding tank.You must make sure your 12v fresh water pump is on and you have water in your tank.I use a craftsman heavy duty shop vac to suck out my waste tank if the ladies can't wait to get in the water to tinkle if you know what I mean.One thing about having the 496'h.o's is that there closed cooling so no salt water goes into the internal parts of the engines to cause serious corrosion but what you got to look for is the corrosion on your riser/manifolds where the water runs through the exhaust.Far as the clear coat Florida boats are bad about chalking and fading if they sit out in the weather.I know my 03 was a salt water boat from Tampa and it only had 120 hours but it was dead far as shine.I spent a few days wet sanding and buffing my butt off to get the shine back but it never looked as good as below the rubrails.Anyway good luck and check out the pictures of my ride.It's the post that reads Picking up my boat from Mitcher T's.Oh yeh Matworks.com can make you a custom carpet for your boat for around $400.00 shipped.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Registered

thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.