Just got a steal on a 03 36OL got ?'s >

Just got a steal on a 03 36OL got ?'s

Notices

Just got a steal on a 03 36OL got ?'s

Old 06-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a steal on a 03 36OL got ?'s

Ok i always dreamed of getting a baja ol after seeing them at boat shows, searched and i really fell in love with 02-03 due to the graphics and the price well i found a great deal on a 02 25ol 2 years ago and loved it but got small quick, then a couple weekes ago i kept seeing this 36ol that i just bought being relisted and relisted lower and lower priced, well i said *uck it i sold my 25ol in 2 days for 35K with new heritage trailer guy had cash may have got more but deal was done that day.

I was so worried about going after this b/c i had to drive 24hrs from east central Illinois and buy a brand new Nextrail trailer with 6 wheel elec over hydrolic disc brakes picked it up in ocala florida then drove another 4 hours to south Miami got there and the boat ran great looked like new couldnt believe the condition motors look like new, guy always flushed and sprayed engines/drives with wd40

the only 2 things i was upset with was in the listed the ics showed original sunpad, then he sent pics of new one which looks pretty nice had tears in old. and the thru hull t fittings for the lathem steering had small hair line cracks in them have small drips of oil on them, and the cosra 4 wire solinoids none of them work.

The reason ive beeen so worried about this boat is i know they are worth alot more than what i paid and ive always heard if a deal is to good to be true............ talked him down to $50,000 that what i paid! did i do ok??

it has twin 496HO's with labbed 26pitch props What top end speed should i be seeing on gps? what rpms should it be around? ect...

i swear i only seen a lil over 4500rpms with throttles all the way forward? maybe i didnt have it trimmed perfect? i need as much info as i can on how this should be? it runs hard feels great lots of midrange power, i was running up next to my buddy with a 496ho 25ol and he couldnt believe how much i could walk right past him from being aways back. so i feel pretty good about this buy

this boat is all over the net, priced differently i check boatfax came out ok, called merc gave serial numbers they said no warranty as ever been reported ect.. i did notice the coast gaurd certification says 2002 year built but it has everything a 2003 comes with plus in hull id it says 03 on the last 2 digits?

can anyone tell me anymore about this boat with hull id more than ive already seen on boatfax??

Can u guys help me out on things i need to check or know about this boat? anything will help im new to twin engines and def this size going from a single 25ol

thanks guys for any help

http://youtu.be/yti7AEsXFbc

http://youtu.be/oJUug8pQ8f4

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...le&BAC-Oodle=&

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...law-Sst-333324

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 06-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered

i do notice there is a good amount of black exhaust on back of hull cleaned it all off ran it on the illinois river this past weekend and it came right back??

drives seem to be fast trimming but one is always slower i think i have to look back and feel to were they are equal.

i notice port drive doest go as far up when trailered all the way up about a inch lower than startbord drive
Old 06-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

oh cant figure out how to or why the vacuflush toilet wont flush i hit button on wall nothing happens a fuse somewhere? i know i need to see if there is power at switch but havent had time

will the lil fridge drain alot of 12v?

where can i find the best deal on carpet for this boat with baja logo, there is no snaps in floor so i think it never came with it

full cover for boat?

on and a big question it has no depth sounder and stock speedo looks pretty rough glass in etched and i know they are not exactly true i was thinking of taking middle speedo out and installing a flush mount gps chartplotter like the lowrance elite 4 series or something small any recomandations?? so i can have gps speed and depth with thru hull transducer??
Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

50k sounds pretty good.

Should run close to 70....HO's run almost as good as
HP500's from what I've seen.

The 36's I've driven have had boxes on them, they
like alot of positive trim..I mean trimmed to the max
to get the most out of them.

I would imagine w/o boxes it would need it just as much
Old 06-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

the hull and interior are almost perfect my 02ol was a lil fafed on sides but this one is glossy red still, oh the other issue i dont like is there is clearcoat flaking of the upper deck both sides?? either baja shot a thin clear coat over the entire front deck or someone had it done. the colors are nice still but where the clear coat is coming up it looks dull until you get it wet
Old 06-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered

Another big question is where should i be cruising around rpm/speed with this setup???

in video it shows them at 50mph 4k rpms i think??
Old 06-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice boat!! That has always been my dream boat since it's affordable. I love both the 33 and 36. Would love to buy one but I don't think I'm ready to go back to big blocks I love my outboards now.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

The Corsa Solinoids are and easy fix you can pick them up on-line from several different distributors for about $80.00 just run a few google searches and you will find them. Sorry i cant help with more my Baja was a 252...Looks like you got a really nice boat!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Not a Baja guy, so I can't help you on your questions. But this is one of the better looking Baja graphic packages and damn, what a huge cabin! Good buy, even if you have to invest a bit of money to get it right.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

I can help with some questions you have..the black transom is never going to go away, 496s run rich and will always have exhaust on the transom. There is no clear coat on boats, unless it has been painted. If someone has sprayed a clear coat on it, you will have to have it cleared again. If its just a gelcote still you can wet sand it and then buff it to get the shine back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.