Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
320 FORCE hull FREE TO GOOD HOME >

320 FORCE hull FREE TO GOOD HOME

Notices

320 FORCE hull FREE TO GOOD HOME

Old 07-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We should drag it out the the sandbar and sink it in 2 ft of water so we have a spot reserved for the next barge party. Glass in the deck hatch and put a stripper pole there.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
You should list it on Ebay. It's worth atleast 5 grand on there.
and call it a 100 mph boat.................
Old 07-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
We should drag it out the the sandbar and sink it in 2 ft of water so we have a spot reserved for the next barge party. Glass in the deck hatch and put a stripper pole there.
Hmmmmm
Old 07-15-2012, 10:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
make sure you cut the id number out of it first
Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Threads like this always make me nervous about my boat! I have never had any signs of rot, and my boat stays on a trailer in a garage, but I have only owned it since 2000, and it is a 1988. I think it was trailered before I had it, but you never know. It does seem to have a list to the starboard side, but that might have something to do with three batteries and a fridge on that side of the boat, along with a sub and of course the helm and other controls.

Was this boat in the water for an extended period of time? What were you seeing that initially made you suspect you had a rot issue?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I will bet there are very few older bajas and others that are not rotted... when you see how old cigs....Apache ....and similar are built...they seal everything.g with gel coat.. all drilled holes are sealed... no way for moisture to get in... ...but Baja Chris craft and suck didn't really seal drain holes allowing moisture into wood... I woukda suspect unless there has never been any water in bilge ever you may be ok..but most have issues..

as far as mine.. I knew it needed work when I bought it.. I did transom and rear stringers a few years ago.. knew the front needed it but at the time i thought it was ok for a while... I bought a cig and parted this out since she needed way more work then the value.. ..If I didn't find the cig j woukda have redone the whole front of boat this winter...and then probably parted it anyway since it was way worse once I tore into it...
Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Registered

Did you unload it yet?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
I will bet there are very few older bajas and others that are not rotted... when you see how old cigs....Apache ....and similar are built...they seal everything.g with gel coat.. all drilled holes are sealed... no way for moisture to get in... ...but Baja Chris craft and suck didn't really seal drain holes allowing moisture into wood... I woukda suspect unless there has never been any water in bilge ever you may be ok..but most have issues..

as far as mine.. I knew it needed work when I bought it.. I did transom and rear stringers a few years ago.. knew the front needed it but at the time i thought it was ok for a while... I bought a cig and parted this out since she needed way more work then the value.. ..If I didn't find the cig j woukda have redone the whole front of boat this winter...and then probably parted it anyway since it was way worse once I tore into it...
Was the 2nd bulkhead at the cuddy gone too? I replaced my cockpit stringers when I rebuilt mine but the cuddy bulkhead was ok!!

It really wasn't that bad of a job to do.. The boat can definitely be repaired and if you did it yourself you would save a ton of money!!!

Actually any boat is suspect to rot that is built out of 2x pine materials even the cigs.. Actually I was following a thread on OSO a long time ago about 03-04 time period on a I want to say it was a 35 maybe a 38 cig that was rotton to the core, Transom, stringers you name it, but the guy totally rebuilt the boat like I did mine and I'm sure he's enjoying it today!! I'm gonna try to do a search for that thread!!!

Last edited by fleg1; 07-16-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

What year was the boat?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fleg1
Was the 2nd bulkhead at the cuddy gone too? I replaced my cockpit stringers when I rebuilt mine but the cuddy bulkhead was ok!!

It really wasn't that bad of a job to do.. The boat can definitely be repaired and if you did it yourself you would save a ton of money!!!

Actually any boat is suspect to rot that is built out of 2x pine materials even the cigs.. Actually I was following a thread on OSO a long time ago about 03-04 time period on a I want to say it was a 35 maybe a 38 cig that was rotton to the core, Transom, stringers you name it, but the guy totally rebuilt the boat like I did mine and I'm sure he's enjoying it today!! I'm gonna try to do a search for that thread!!!
Mine was completely gone from that cabin bulkhead to the rear 3 stringers that I replaced, the plan was to fix her up, but I got a smokin deal on the Cig for less then it would have cost me to paint the baja and do stringer work, and the Cig is by far a better built boat, I loved the Baja and will never bad mouth it ... but a Cig is a Cig for a reason...

Mine was a 1986 320 Force

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.