1997 322 worth? >

1997 322 worth?

Notices

1997 322 worth?

Old 07-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 322 worth?

I'm looking to bid on this boat. From the pics & description what's the boat worth? Or what would you max bid on it?
http://www.yachtauctions.com/inventory/7573/
more detailed pics
https://picasaweb.google.com/1007834...897Baja3221997
Old 07-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Registered

I'd say it's priced just right to take offersl.
I'd call the value 25 to 30
My first offer would be 25 and I'd bring a certified check from my bank in that amount and hand it to them, if they balked at the offer make mention of everything wrong you can find with the boat. Some of these repo houses won't allow a survey and tell them that you feel your taking to large of a risk on an as/is purchase without a survey.
Stand firm on your first offer, they may tell you it's to low, and force them to make contact with the lender expressing your concerns. I'd feel certain that if they called the bank holding the note and said a certified check was in hand and passed on your concerns with the first offer that they'd probably pounce on it. If they won't make contact with the lender take your check and walk.
If they make contact and they didn't take it I'd produce another certified check for 2000 and tell them this was the final offer.
I've found this method to work well, they know your a serious buyer when you produce the funding on the spot, and they'll like you a little better when they see that your counter offer is
also guaranteed money.

I'd bet for 30 you can find one cleaner from an owner with it's history, and get a survey.
I think she'd be a good boat on a trailer at 25 to a max of 27.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 07-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered

They will let me bid on it & have the offer pending a survey/mechanical inspection. I already bid $19,500 on it & they turned it down. I'm gonna keep bidding on it each week in small increments until I hit 25k then walk.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 AM
Registered

Thats a good plan, I wouldn't pay over the 25K. I bought a 98, 322 in Feb. and only paid $28K it was a smoken deal, the only thing that I had to do was put 1 new water pump on. My wife and family have been loving the boat ever sence. Good luck...
Old 07-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Registered

Buyer Beware. The stringers are cracked on this. Had my mechanic look at it & found both of them. About a 4k repair each so I walked.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by neohiofan
Buyer Beware. The stringers are cracked on this. Had my mechanic look at it & found both of them. About a 4k repair each so I walked.
SO now you offer them about 15 grand...lol