25 OL - need new speedo and trim indicator is backwards >

25 OL - need new speedo and trim indicator is backwards

Notices

25 OL - need new speedo and trim indicator is backwards

Old 07-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 OL - need new speedo and trim indicator is backwards

Hey guys, just picked up a 98 25 Outlaw and had a few things to fix.

#1 - the drive trim gauge is backwards. so when the drive is all the way down it says it's all the way up according to the gauge (see pic - this is with the drive all the way up trailered)

#2 - The speedometer doesn't work... what should I check for or what should it be replaced with. Not sure what to get ... liquid filled, GPS, etc. etc.? (what it had is pictured)

#3 - Anyone know where to get some new cup holder inserts that fit these boats?

THANKS!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your trim gauge is reading as it should. Think of it as tabs up and down and no trim = 0.

Speedo is clogged. Use a drill bit (by hand) on the pickup hole on the front side of drive.

Got my cup holders at Eddie marine. Many places sell them. You want large size. http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...l&p=12278&c=82

Last edited by Baja_342; 07-30-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_342
Your trim gauge is reading as it should. Think of it as tabs up and down and no trim = 0.

Speedo is clogged. Use a drill bit (by hand) on the pickup hole on the front side of drive.

Got my cup holders at Eddie marine. Many places sell them. You want large size. http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...l&p=12278&c=82
Thanks for the info. But my trim is all the way up and it's reading 0 ? Isn't that backwards? Isn't no trim when the drive is all the way down?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Registered

I ordered my cup holders through cp performance they have 3 sizes. In my h2x they were 2 different sized I needed 2 large for the rear and 2 medium for the front
Old 07-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hueby
Thanks for the info. But my trim is all the way up and it's reading 0 ? Isn't that backwards? Isn't no trim when the drive is all the way down?
The above picture you said the drive is all the way up in the trailer position. If so the gauge is correct, reading 9. It should read 0 with the drive all the way tucked in (down)....even though your indicator says "up".
Old 07-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_342
The above picture you said the drive is all the way up in the trailer position. If so the gauge is correct, reading 9. It should read 0 with the drive all the way tucked in (down)....even though your indicator says "up".
Got it.... appreciate the additional clarification. It makes sense to me now.. just something to get use to.