Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Why trash talk >

Why trash talk

Notices

Why trash talk

Old 08-04-2012, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why trash talk

Why is it that people like to trash talk Baja. I've had a 29 and currently have a 36 and never had any issues. Just had a survey on the 36 for the insurance co and found no stress cracks and no moister on meter anywere, boat was put togethr nice. All tests done in past on the 36 say it's a great boat and crushes waves, won 2001 performance boat mag award. Back in 99 they had the same power as a stock Cig, same gauges, same controls, better Mcleod seats, vacuflush toilet, same hand laid fiberglass process with bolsa core hull and sides, hull and deck were plexus bonded together and threw screwed, plus some other items Cig didn't offer. I know Cig has always had the rep of the best hull and a clean rigging in engine compartment but after that I don't see the diff. I was looking for a 38 top gun last year and found that the 36 OL had more cockpit room, a better cabin layout and some other items the Cig didn't, all which come in handy with Kids on board. I'll always like the top gun and thats what attracted me to performance boats but don't get the trash talk by other boat owners on the forum.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the same thing as chevy vs ford vs dodge its a guy thing i guess
Old 08-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have wondered the same thing, I am on my 3rd Baja and I am not a Baja loyalist, it just worked out that way when shopping for the next boat, it just so happened that a Baja was for sale in the size range and year range I was looking for, I was actually looking at fountains before I bought the one I have now, longer boats with more power for similar money or less, it wasn't that the Baja was less money!
I can say I have not had what I would call quality issues, yes I had to do some minor sundeck repairs on one boat 20 years old which I would say was more wear.
One things I have noticed is alot of the Baja's of years past had at the time cool graphics, but become dated looking before long, maybe that is part of it?
Old 08-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple, most of the population are idiots.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Simple, most of the population are idiots.
Yep!
Oh, by the way ED, Hummers suck
Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Registered

I honestly think a lot of it is a money/ego thing. Some people have a lot of money to throw around and go for a more highly priced boat. Bajas are a hell of a bang for your $$ boat though. I'll always like all go fast boats!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ive owned three bajas and a fountain. Had a lot more gripes about the fountain than any of my bajas.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered

I think it has more to do with the fact they sell more boats, if they are outselling other boat builders and they have a certain percentage of problems no higher than other builders, they have more complaints. I think they also sold more of an entry level go fast and a lot of first time buyers who knew very little about boating bought them, so they had more problems due to lack of maintenance, improper storage and abuse.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Because Baja doesn't make cool shirts......
Old 08-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

there is not.one Baja out there that's can ride in the big stuff.like a cig or Apache.... its fact...

in my case I had a 86 Baja 320 force and my friends that worked at Baja said its one of the best rough water resin bucket hulls they ever made... that being said.. there are quite a bit more bulkheads and reinforcement in my cig then the Baja and if shows...... your not laying that much more for just a name...sorry.... bajas are not as good as a cig in real rough water conditions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.