Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
the 25's 4sale= want to move to 29 or 302???which? >

the 25's 4sale= want to move to 29 or 302???which?

Notices

the 25's 4sale= want to move to 29 or 302???which?

Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
Found a 98 302 in TX at Mcgoys toy.com
Though it does have 7.4's what would be considered low hours???

This one has 550?? What are they good for?
I tried to work a trade on that boat for my 252. Not trying to throw anyone under the bus here, but the owner, AND the owner of McGoys have been advertising that boat on boat trader as having 454 mags. If it had Mags, I would have probably worked a deal out. He came to look at my 252(the owner of the 302), and my dumb ass left the drive all the way up in trailer mode when I started it on the hose. He tried to tell me that after hearing it, that my drive coupler was about to fail, even though I had it replaced all of 2 days before after it burned up. (upgraded to a 502 from a 454MPI, and the shop put one on from what looked like a V6, but that's another story, just amazed it lasted almost all season). I'm telling you all this because I've seen and been in the boat. If you're wanting to get into a 33, this might be an option, but you'll probably have to budget an engine upgrade in the future. http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/18821
That boat would probably be a lil bit of a pig getting on plane, but you'll be able to do top speed through anything. The 33OL hull is one of the best Baja made. I bought a 32 Fountain, but looked like hell for the 33OL. If this was 3 months ago, I woul have bought the boat in the link, and repowered. And BTW, I have no dog in this hunt, and I'm not trying to sell it for anyone. Trailer looks like chit too, so you might want to take that into consideration.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Registered

I looked at buying a boat through McGoy's Toys a couple years ago. They swore up and down that the boat had never seen salt water, but it was bottom painted and had barnacles on the bottom side of the drive. Even after I pointed this out to them they refused to admit that the boat had seen salt. I wouldn't trust them if I were you.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txtraveller2002
I tried to work a trade on that boat for my 252. Not trying to throw anyone under the bus here, but the owner, AND the owner of McGoys have been advertising that boat on boat trader as having 454 mags. If it had Mags, I would have probably worked a deal out. He came to look at my 252(the owner of the 302), and my dumb ass left the drive all the way up in trailer mode when I started it on the hose. He tried to tell me that after hearing it, that my drive coupler was about to fail, even though I had it replaced all of 2 days before after it burned up. (upgraded to a 502 from a 454MPI, and the shop put one on from what looked like a V6, but that's another story, just amazed it lasted almost all season). I'm telling you all this because I've seen and been in the boat. If you're wanting to get into a 33, this might be an option, but you'll probably have to budget an engine upgrade in the future. http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/18821

That boat would probably be a lil bit of a pig getting on plane, but you'll be able to do top speed through anything. The 33OL hull is one of the best Baja made. I bought a 32 Fountain, but looked like hell for the 33OL. If this was 3 months ago, I woul have bought the boat in the link, and repowered. And BTW, I have no dog in this hunt, and I'm not trying to sell it for anyone. Trailer looks like chit too, so you might want to take that into consideration.
I saw the 33, but trailer not included and your correct about upgrade but you would have to add planes etc. I read that MPI would only run about 59.. though it looks like a nice boat.

My problem is I need to sell my 25so I can broaden my search.. they have a nice 33 in fort Walton FL.,but its also on consignment and owner not taking trades..

I also noticed the MP is from their pics?? Also too slow for me.. I need mags on whatever I move into.. all my friends are moving up or already run 70, so our cruise of 50mph is getting pushed higher and I would have to run my mag over 4k close to 4500 cruise which is pushing it too hard IMO.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Registered

Default boat should be sold by weekend!! search is on!!

Well I am a little early but 25 will be gone on sat!

All the deals I had on burner are gone!!

Want 29+ so have narrowed done o 29 or 302 w/wind screen

99+
Mags
Hyd steering
K planes w/mech indicators
Alum trailer a plus
Under 400 hours
Would like to stay under 35k..

Anybody have any around!!!!?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Registered

Well I am a little early but 25 will be gone on sat!

All the deals I had on burner are gone!!

Want 29+ so have narrowed done o 29 or 302 w/wind screen

99+
Mags
Hyd steering
K planes w/mech indicators
Alum trailer a plus
Under 400 hours
Would like to stay under 35k..

Anybody have any around!!!!?

Thanks
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/3609187805.html

This one in OK is close on price, and I bet you could get him down quite a bit, I've seen it listed off and on all winter on dallas CL. Get him to come down a couple of grand so you could throw a decent wrap on it. I'd offer 29k and see what happens. The only thing it seems to be missing on your list is mech indicators.
Or there is this...http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/3674932311.html...a little out of your price range, and for what you're looking for in a boat, probably not optimal as far as space. And this is coming from a Fountain owner...but htat thing has GOT to be a rocketship. If you need me to run up to OK to look at the 29, let me know, I can probably arrange it if you bring me a case of beer when you lake test it
Old 03-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by txtraveller2002
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/3609187805.html

This one in OK is close on price, and I bet you could get him down quite a bit, I've seen it listed off and on all winter on dallas CL. Get him to come down a couple of grand so you could throw a decent wrap on it. I'd offer 29k and see what happens. The only thing it seems to be missing on your list is mech indicators.
Or there is this...http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/3674932311.html...a little out of your price range, and for what you're looking for in a boat, probably not optimal as far as space. And this is coming from a Fountain owner...but htat thing has GOT to be a rocketship. If you need me to run up to OK to look at the 29, let me know, I can probably arrange it if you bring me a case of beer when you lake test it
Thanks, I still don't know what they were thinking with the green/pink era! I had seen this on, and If it weren't for the color, its what I want but the color .....

I have been looking at fountains too, but i would have to be in a 35 to get a decent cockpit.

And want to get 29+ riding surface for my upgrade.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Registered

Thanks, I still don't know what they were thinking with the green/pink era! I had seen this on, and If it weren't for the color, its what I want but the color .....

I have been looking at fountains too, but i would have to be in a 35 to get a decent cockpit.

And want to get 29+ riding surface for my upgrade.
Yeah, the Outlaw would definitely need a wrap and an interior redo...and understand on the cockpit space, my 32 is about the same size as the 29...cockpit space isn't that much of a concern to me, I always have a seat We usually don't brind may peeps with us anyway, they tend to show up without enough beer, and end up drinking all of mine....