tps ?? and prop choice 272 502mpi >

tps ?? and prop choice 272 502mpi

Notices

tps ?? and prop choice 272 502mpi

Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tps ?? and prop choice 272 502mpi

Hey ., I was out testing the boat on sat with a couple new tps's after finding out that my old one was only sending 74% at wot... the new one now sends 88 - 89% and I have it cocked as much as I can where it screws on... Would it be alright if I filed a little more play into the screw holes to get it twisted a little more to get as close to 100% or should I be lookin at somethin else?? JT suggested this when we were at lake and it makes sense, but I always like opinions.. also, I have an opportunity to get a new prop and looking for honest suggestions.. Had a standard 23 m-plus and was starting to reache 4800 to 5000 rpm with this tps deal... I have a 22 bravo 1 and can get a 24 bravo 1 at a good price.. Or do I just call brett at bblades and work with him??
Old 08-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Registered

Get the 24 and have it labbed... I like the handling of the 4 blades over the 3 blades in a single eng boat.... But again, jmo
Old 08-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How are you determining 74%?

You should be setting the TPS at the closed throttle position and measuring the voltage. It should report about .48 to .52 volts.

Now check and make sure you are getting full throttle by visually inspecting the throttle blades.

Has your ECU been modified?

Originally Posted by Taube
Hey ., I was out testing the boat on sat with a couple new tps's after finding out that my old one was only sending 74% at wot... the new one now sends 88 - 89% and I have it cocked as much as I can where it screws on... Would it be alright if I filed a little more play into the screw holes to get it twisted a little more to get as close to 100% or should I be lookin at somethin else?? JT suggested this when we were at lake and it makes sense, but I always like opinions.. also, I have an opportunity to get a new prop and looking for honest suggestions.. Had a standard 23 m-plus and was starting to reache 4800 to 5000 rpm with this tps deal... I have a 22 bravo 1 and can get a 24 bravo 1 at a good price.. Or do I just call brett at bblades and work with him??
Old 08-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Registered

We had the computer hooked up to it... tps read 0% at idle throttle and 74% at the dash.. ECU not modified to my knowledge

Originally Posted by tunertech
How are you determining 74%?

You should be setting the TPS at the closed throttle position and measuring the voltage. It should report about .48 to .52 volts.

Now check and make sure you are getting full throttle by visually inspecting the throttle blades.

Has your ECU been modified?