29/30 outlaw? >

29/30 outlaw?

Notices

29/30 outlaw?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29/30 outlaw?

Hey baja world! Im not a fan of all the baja models but I have always had a place in my heart for the outlaw's. What is the difference between the 29 and 30 outlaw? There are 2 for sale in the classifieds a 29, and 30 both with 496 ho's. Ive noticed they mostley have the non ho mototrs or the 6.2 niether of which im interested in. How does the boat perform with this power and how is the 29 or 30 outlaw overall as a boat. Rough water, acceleration, quality, and dry weight?. Both boats are less then 10 years old and look clean. Pretty boats your, input in appreciated.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The 30 is going to be a liner boat where the 29 will be a stringer system. the 30 with ho's will run 78-80 the 29 I believe is close to 78. Some people aren't fans of the liner boats, some had problems. resale doesn't seem to be as good on the 30's as the 29's. I like the 30's better personally, I think they look better and have more room in the cockpit.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Gold Member

Im guessing the aluminum platform means they are true to length hauls?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonickevin95
Im guessing the aluminum platform means they are true to length hauls?
Yes, they true to length hulls. I have seen several 30s, but have never ridden in, or driven one. I have owned my 1998 29 OL for 6 years and have always loved the boat. I think that for a 29 foot boat the cabin is very nice and roomy. I overnight in mine often and except for the lack of a walk in head, its great. The boat rides great in rough water, is fun to drive and handles predictable. It takes very little positive trim for the boat to run well. The stated dry weight of mine is around 6400, but full of fuel and gear on the trailer its a lot heavier than that. I have never actually weighed the rig on a scale, but I pull her with a f350 diesel and you know its back there. As far as speed goes, mine is nothing special, fastest I have ever got it to is 65-66 with very little fuel, 2 people in the boat with about 2 foot chop. Twin 330hp 454s turning 23 pitch mirage plus 3 blade props to 4500. It will run 63 in any water. Cruise speed is 48-50 mph at 3600-3800. The later model 29s and the 30s with 496s are faster and have a higher drive x-dimension. You can't really go wrong with an outlaw, mine has been a great boat. I may keep mine forever, but I'm getting the itch to go bigger..LOL
Hope this helps ya, got any more questions about the 29, just fire away!
Old 08-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as the posted for sale boats, this is a nice 29 that is owned by a guy with OCD so it is perfect.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o47222-en.html
Now, mine is for sale too. It isn't as OCD nice, with a new interior it would be. It isn't listed, but it may be by sundown today.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
As far as the posted for sale boats, this is a nice 29 that is owned by a guy with OCD so it is perfect.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o47222-en.html
Now, mine is for sale too. It isn't as OCD nice, with a new interior it would be. It isn't listed, but it may be by sundown today.
X2, the one in the link is a beautiful boat.... Jason's 29 is badazz and fast too!!! I doubt that you will find a 29 that is setup better than his. There are a lot of newer 29s but very few if any that have been as fast as his.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rumrunner29
X2, the one in the link is a beautiful boat.... Jason's 29 is badazz and fast too!!! I doubt that you will find a 29 that is setup better than his. There are a lot of newer 29s but very few if any that have been as fast as his.
Mine isn't as fast anymore. I sold my Whipples a few years ago & went through the motors at that time to make sure they remain healthy. I also replaced the fuel injectors to ones that are ethanol friendly along with the fuel lines.
It has been a fun boat, but I want to take up smoking so this one has to go.
If OSO will let me post my ad you could read all about it.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Mine isn't as fast anymore. I sold my Whipples a few years ago & went through the motors at that time to make sure they remain healthy. I also replaced the fuel injectors to ones that are ethanol friendly along with the fuel lines.
It has been a fun boat, but I want to take up smoking so this one has to go.
If OSO will let me post my ad you could read all about it.
Yeah, I know, but its still faster than most...lol.
It still has the boxes on it doesn't it?

I believe I'm gonna take up smoking too, good luck
Old 08-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Registered

Lots of pictures here: http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/a...20Idea%20Baja/
OSO will not let me place my add. I give up. Boat Trader here I come.....

Yes, the boxes & drives are still on it, just as it was with the Whipples. I changed the gears in the drives & an running it. It does run well for a 454 boat.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Registered

I would personally look at the 29s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.