Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
How are the battery switches setup on 03  36OL?? >

How are the battery switches setup on 03 36OL??

Notices

How are the battery switches setup on 03 36OL??

Old 08-26-2012, 03:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are the battery switches setup on 03 36OL??

Just curious about the way the batteries are setup, i have the factory setup i think still i want to run the fridge and wondering how everyone else runs the switches

i have 2 bat switches that i think say 1 2 and all

ive been running with both on "all"

i want to be safe where i dont end up having 2 dead batteries

typically which batterie are used for what? does port or starboard run fridge ect?

if anyone could please explain exactly how it is all setup and what is the normal way to have them both selected thanks guys
Old 09-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Registered

anyone? no one knows how their battery switches are setup?? i wish i had a owners manuel for the boat
Old 09-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Registered

If its like mine it just isolates the batteries, that way you only drain 1 instead of both. But i dont have a fridge and all the extras. What i do is when driving i have it in all, but when were swimming or at a sand bar i switch it to 1
Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Registered

SHould be like every other baja. and I asked the same question about my new one about 3 month ago.

it has 3 swiches....haha.

each switch is for each motor. so your starborad switch controls what the starboard, motor, drive, and tab get its power from.... same with the port switch.

BUT the PORT switch is also your house side. so what ever battery you point the port motor to, thats what all the systems on the boat will run off of. (stereo, tolet, Fridge, water...)

For example, I leave my port on battery 1, and my starb on 2. that way everything can run, all day on battery 1, it may or maynot have enough juice to fire that motor back up... but the starboard motr will fire casue battery2 has not been touched.

Then once its running, you can take you port switch turn it to 2, fire it up, and turn it back to 1, and let it charge.

my 3rd switch selects what battery my genny is hooked to....
Old 09-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my boat everyone told me not to run the switches on all, can damage the computers on the engines but cross charging or some such crap.