Default 33 OUTLAW A/C install pics.

Thought this might come in handy for anyone looking to do the same:

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...tall-pics.html
Old 08-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks nice!

I also use the condensator in both of my boats. Using the original one for the Fountain, took it apart and made up a print, then made 3, improving on the design using less parts. All have been trouble free for over 5 yrs.

I run the AC in the Fountain with it on the lift, completely out of the water.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool.

I want to figure out a way to make one of my AC vents dump into the V-Birth.... on my 342.

but LOVE having AC when overnight. especially on the docs
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
Very cool.

I want to figure out a way to make one of my AC vents dump into the V-Birth.... on my 342.

but LOVE having AC when overnight. especially on the docs

Theres plenty of room. I piped mine from the stbd side with a 3 inch hole saw thru the cuddy bulkhead. Take one of the seats out and it is both obvious and easy what needs to be done.

Then I took the whole A/C system out anyway...
Old 09-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 4,313 Likes on 1,241 Posts

As an addendum:
I put in a second supply register, that helped with the freezing up of the unit but if it runs nonstop for 3 or more hours it will still freeze up.
If I did it all over again I would have gone with a larger btu unit. I thought 6500btu was large enough and it is, (once it catches up) but to prevent the freezing the larger unit would cycle on/off more often preventing it from freezing.
In the residential a/c world you want longer run times for better dehumidification,(smaller unit not satisfying the T stat as quickly) but residential units don`t freeze up, I learn something new everyday
Old 09-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Theres plenty of room. I piped mine from the stbd side with a 3 inch hole saw thru the cuddy bulkhead. Take one of the seats out and it is both obvious and easy what needs to be done.

Then I took the whole A/C system out anyway...
I have has the seat out of the cabin and see the plumbing for the cold air. and could easily split it and have one side going somwhere else

the problem is where to u dump it in to the vibirth?

its all bed, ot the sides of the boat/hull or the roof/deck of the boat.

My oly though was make the front part of the seat look like the rear where the vent its, and then make a elbo peice that hooks it back into the devider wall (where the curtain is). but not sure about how to dress up a elbow there? maybe just wood, and vynal wrap it and have the hose inside... but wish it was easier.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
As an addendum:
I put in a second supply register, that helped with the freezing up of the unit but if it runs nonstop for 3 or more hours it will still freeze up.
If I did it all over again I would have gone with a larger btu unit. I thought 6500btu was large enough and it is, (once it catches up) but to prevent the freezing the larger unit would cycle on/off more often preventing it from freezing.
In the residential a/c world you want longer run times for better dehumidification,(smaller unit not satisfying the T stat as quickly) but residential units don`t freeze up, I learn something new everyday
My buddy installed a 6500 in his 35' Cafe and it has never froze up, central IN. So should be somewhat comparable to you. Unrestricted air flow both in and out are key players. Not sure why you are having freezing troubles.