Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
95 32 caliber??? not much info online about these?? >

95 32 caliber??? not much info online about these??

Notices

95 32 caliber??? not much info online about these??

Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 95 32 caliber??? not much info online about these??

I called about this boat today!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o47105-en.html

I also found last owner who did all the work.. his wife drinks Cabo Wabo tequila..

How are these boats??other efi supposed to have been rebilt 100 hrs ago also. Prev owner said runs 70 which seems to be doable from other post I have found. He also said hull, transom, floor etc had no soft spots or rot. Since he doesn't have any more, I would assume he was honest. He had for about 6 years.

Comparison coming out of a 25 ol? Would expect huge did!?

XT?? Your thoughts? Thanks

Last edited by nailit; 10-08-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the graphic wrap design, but to bad Cabo Wabo can not be removed from it. Who ever the guy had redo the interior did a pretty good job on it knowing how hard the Baja Aero bolsters are to do right and the custom headrests on the lid were done nice. Painted all the hardware to match, and the 454 MPI's are one of my favorite power choices.

The 32 hull is a all time great one for Baja and it was not modified much to create the 33 Outlaw model. Not sure if you will be happy going back 4-5 years depending on your 25ol model year....

Biggest thing is the moisture issue. I would inspect it yourself if possible, or hire it done with someone that has a moisture meter and skill to tap test everything. Do things like pulling the table base in the cabin and feeling the bottom side of the flooring for wetness. Look for water lines in the engine compartment if it was ever full of water. Ask where it was mainly stored (inside or under canvas)? Maybe it is a good "Barn Find" boat, you never know until you look into it closely.

XT
Old 10-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Thanks XT for the info.. here is the ad from the orig owner.. claims lift in summer and hewted storage in winter which should be a good "barn" find. I figure there are only 3 itemson my checklist.. motors, interior and hull. 1 and 2 seem good, but 3rd would need eyes on..

Also, I do have concern about the looks from my 99 outlaw but considering price and condition to step up and the increased use I could get with my 4 and 7 year old in a smoother ride with play room in cockpit really have me considering this!

Powerboat ad

Engines Twin 454Mag-EFI - 385hp both have less than 100 hrs on one new mercruiser and one rebuilt. Bravo 1 drives new gimbals 2009. , 3-Blade S - S Props, New Livorsi "Precision" Gauges w - Anodized Bezels - Livorsi Dual Shifter Controls w - Trim In Handle including GPS Speedo, Sport Steering Wheel, Silent Choice Captains call"Switchable" Exhaust, Halon, Dual Batteries w - Switch, K-Planes, Depth finder, Stereo, Compass, Engine Synch, Tab & Trim Indicators, 4 Bolster Seats. Boat sits on lift in the summer and in heated storage for the winter. Graphics are a large wrap and can be changed for about $1500 and is easier to keep clean than the jell coat. We are selling it because we have only managed to take it out 8 times over the last two years. Custom Tandem Axle Trailer w - Brakes - Aluminum

Last edited by nailit; 10-08-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the Baja straight hulls go, I like this one. Reliable turn key power, big cockpit, comfortable cabin, and I've seen plenty of Formula 311's going for more money with carbed motors, trs drives, and smaller cockpits. Get a survey obviously, but if it comes back decent, negotiate a little and come away with a great looking, and running boat. Just my $.02
Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by machloosy
As far as the Baja straight hulls go, I like this one. Reliable turn key power, big cockpit, comfortable cabin, and I've seen plenty of Formula 311's going for more money with carbed motors, trs drives, and smaller cockpits. Get a survey obviously, but if it comes back decent, negotiate a little and come away with a great looking, and running boat. Just my $.02
The dealer has a shaft dyno to check the engines out, they also said they would put a moisture reader to the hull and will make sure all everything is in working order!!

They are also giving me a good trade in on just under what i was asking... so I am still considering, but looks good so far!! I could move up with $3k from my current boat! other than the Steel trailer... seem like a good deal!

thanks for the input!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all around good running boat. Had a 1997 with 625 per side. Ran mid 80's.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

If it comes back dry, go over it yourself again.....
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm not crazy about yellow (personal choice, too flashy) but dam looks like a nice boat at 27k$. Good' reliable power and if ecu's matches the hours , not to bad!!! Good looking hull to me
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I have heard if you want that boat to look nice your going to need to replace the wrap. I talked to someone who went to look at the boat...
Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If it checks out seems like alot of boat for the $.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.