Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
335 Baja Cruiser >

335 Baja Cruiser

Notices

335 Baja Cruiser

Old 10-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have the HOs. I have no experience of what it would do with the 525's I have read of someone on hte board who had one with the 525s and I believe he said upper Mid 70's. I have been considering the Raylar package for mine, so practical or not, I think it would be an awesome combo.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmtbandit
With a clean bottom I can get 61/62 in almost any conditions. I have once gotten 65. These are GPS numbers with 496 HOs. I would assume the 335 would do better with the same power.
68 to almost 70 with HO's in the 335 hull #1.

I was the project manager for the design of this model for Baja Marine. I don't have many left over photos of this model for some reason. I guess the most unique features for this model was the 9' 6" beam, stand up bolsters, and the 24 degree deadrise. Note: there was no V-birth, or aft cabin area, but the face to face seating converted into a large sleeping area in the cabin. Also had a larger head and nice galley area. Fun to drive and I ran one in a poker run on Lake Erie and ran with the offshore style boats, but big heavy boats like this don't like the drive's poping out of the water and one bravoX did not survive.

XT
Attached Thumbnails 335 Baja Cruiser-picture1.jpg   335 Baja Cruiser-picture2.jpg   335 Baja Cruiser-picture3.jpg  

335 Baja Cruiser-picture4.jpg   335 Baja Cruiser-picture5.jpg   335 Baja Cruiser-335_captain.jpg  

Old 10-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Quent
Platinum Member

Thanks, to everyone for the replies. There are a few 335s out there. Most are broker boats so trading will not be possible. That leaves me with selling my Lavey. Supposedly it was to be my last boat and I went way overboard on the build. Translate that to mean it will be impossible to get even close to what I should. I will begin the listing process this week. Thanks again. Quent
Old 10-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Registered

I'll chime in when I have more time. I have 100 hrs of seat time in the yellow 335 XT posted above. It was my personal favorite Baja for many reasons....................
Old 10-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

If anyone is looking for a 405 with 525s, Performance Boat Center has one for sale. I've seen it in person and it is extremely well kept.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Registered

Hi everyone .. new guy here.. Have been very interested in the 335 for years now .. college, divorce, bad economy kept me from biting.. still like them and teambaja I have had a force 22 since 85 and was always impressed with the durability of Baja's ..

anyway you said you would chime in when you have the time Im all ears as there are a few for sale.. would really like to hear your reasons.. you too XT innovator.. you DESIGNED that boat??

big commitment and some cruisers simply offer much more creature comforts but this Baja is a beauty and looks like it could handle some big water

please your thoughts

Regards, Rich
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Registered

Ok, Ive been thinking about this post for awhile. This is from the yellow 335 XT-Innovator posted above. (Keep in mind some of them may have less options than this one.)

I'll start with the cockpit area. I like all the extra room to be able to get up and move around. There is a spot under the side rear bench for a decent sized cooler, and decent storage areas under the motor lid for dock lines, fenders, etc. The walk-thru transom and extended swimplatform are fantastic, no climbing in and out of the boat......just walk right on from the dock. That also goes for the built in steps in the cuddy door up to the deck......no more struggling to step over a windshield or windscreen. Next, when you find yourself at the helm, you'll notice everything is user friendly and well laid out. I love a twin engine boat when the throttles and shifters are seperate. There is also a built in foot rest below which was nice weather I was standing or sitting.

Down below you'll find a very usuable cabin/cuddy area with a nice galley. This particular boat had a central vac system I loved and had a hose that could reach the swimplatform, made cleaning a breeze. The shower functions well too, and I could stand up in there. Most have heard this story already, but I had another guy driving and told him to maintain a speed of around 35 mph while I took a shower! I took a nice hot 20 minute shower at 35 mph in the Gulf of Mexico! As XT mentioned, the seating converts into a nice sized bed.

Speed: with the 496 HOs, our boat #001 ran a consistent 67-68 gps. We did get 69 out of it the day of the Powerboat test in Sarasota. One particular day in the Gulf, we saw a 38 Fountain Express Cruiser running hard in some rough stuff up in the distance. There were no other boats out that day, and they looked very surprised to see us catch up.

Overall, we ran and beat this boat hard because thats what we were supposed to do. I can tell you this boat held up far better than any other boat I tested. The only major issue was a non-Baja related steering issue that was later corrected.

We had the boat in Lake Erie, the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. The picture below was from the photoshoot out of Miami. I was looking out the port window while they were taking this picture. Apparently I wasnt good looking enough to be in the magazine ad.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I Love my 40ft express cruiser (not a crossover..14ft beam). Also wanted one of the Baja crossovers or a black thunder. But ended up with 2 boats. I will never be without a cruiser. Thats coming from a true gearhead that loves speed. But cruisers are awesome!

I personally like Baja and powerquest better then the formulas for crossover cruisers.

Good luck on your sale. You will enjoy the next step in your journey!
Old 08-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Registered

Sorry to high jack but this message is to team Baja You seem to have a wealth of knowledge maybe you can help me ..... My buddy recently bought a 405 on his second trip out some drunk ran over his anchor line it was dark and we have been unable to find the anchor . Do you have any idea or have a direction you can point us to buy another or a way to get dimensions to build a new one
Old 04-25-2017, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So is it confirmed that 525's will fit in a 335? What about any of the other mercury racing power?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.