Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
32 Caliber questions >

32 Caliber questions

Notices

32 Caliber questions

Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, that is sweet, I was in my neighbor's 480 Sea Ray last October when it was like that, he tried running wide open, it didn't work so well for him.. what were waves like that day? 4-6s? The boat did a great job, and looked good doing it, think this 32 Caliber would run similarly?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoater
WOW, that is sweet, I was in my neighbor's 480 Sea Ray last October when it was like that, he tried running wide open, it didn't work so well for him.. what were waves like that day? 4-6s? The boat did a great job, and looked good doing it, think this 32 Caliber would run similarly?
I would say good 4-6, the boat did well, especially since hull was soft, that hull needed completely redone, I loved it but fell into my Cig very cheap and it rides like no other in Erie slop, the caliber will ride good too, make sure you get that survey, I gaurantee its wet unless it was redone, look very well, if its dry its because it was stored indoors....

if its wet you get a good deal, then call Kevin Brown and have him do the glass work, he worked for Baja for years, on his own now...
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin Brown is Laeway Boat Repair in Attica Oh he will fix you up if you have any wood / glass issues he replaced my stringers and transom last year
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Registered

great to know, I am thinking about contacting Harrison Marine shortly, before deciding to drive all the way there..a sales rep at POP pointed this out to me. Don't know if any of you know about their marketing program but its really neat, and they do a good job. I asked him about a different boat a few weeks ago and he contacted me the other day to see what I would be interested in and pointed me toward this http://www.popyachts.com/view/15813 Same thing only cleaner, with one kickin' stereo, you can see 8 speakers in the dash alone, and 2 amps. 1000 watts he said... this is where the finished, and needing work collide and I start to wonder which would be better.... I was told this could be had for around 25-26k.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Registered

I have not ever had to have glass work done, so I would definitely contact them if it was needed.... I wouldn't be too game for running with my boat ready to fall apart.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That other Baja is the most solid you will find... That boat was a buddy of mines he sold a year ago... He had every inch of it redo e by Kevin brown... Reinforced more then any 32 out there and I know the boat... That's the better buy for sure... Bob loved that boat but found he was never using it anymore so he sold it... The hull was fully blueprinted and all went 83 mph with blower motors years ago...
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Registered

Positive it is the same??? The salesmen told me current owner has owned for multiple years.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BigBoater
Positive it is the same??? The salesmen told me current owner has owned for multiple years.
well, Bob may have sold it 2 years ago?? but I will tell you now that I see the pics off the computer and not on my phone, it looks like it has been neglected the last 2 years, Bob always had it on a lift, and I see the drives and tabs got ugly, they never looked like that before, same as bilge, was always spotless...rest of the boat was always spotless also, who owns it now? I know it's the boat because I know the boat lol

I still know there was extra reinforcements done to that boat and hull was blueprinted, the whole floor was taken out and redone in early 2000's and since the boat was not used much after all that and sat on a hoist or trailer..

Across the transom above rub rail it used to say "Nuff Said" and it may still be there, not sure, Akron Oh.

engines are Tb injected 454's I think either 330 or 360 hp.. boat runs around 62-65 with that power...
Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is one of the threads when he was doin g some of the hull work...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...ing-ready.html
Old 01-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...ew-colors.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-new-dash.html

Last edited by Full Force; 01-09-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.