finding the market for my baja >

finding the market for my baja

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking to sell my 1989 sport 280 and was wondering if anyone has any input as to where and how to find a interested party.I have it listed on craigslist ,abl boats.com and boat trader.com. Im sure that there is a person in this world who would be interested in this clean well running classic go fast .the motors are stock but have been overhauled,drives too .I just did the sunpad at the end of the season and interior is in great shape.i have also put a new horn,gps/map and compass,porta poti,killer clarion stereo and more on board.
so if anyone reads this and might be interested or know anyone interested ,give me a buzz you will not be disapointed when you come and see..
the boat came from Kentucky in July to long Island NY where it is now in my back yard for the off season.
the hull has gotten a new paint job with original sport 280 graffics in dark blue metalic/gray metalic.new guages new steering wheel and all of this can be seen at the boat trader page or the others ..
I bought this boat to replace a sport 280 that I had before back in the early 2000s.It is alot of fun and fast.
My other half wanted a new day boat and something she could use with the kids on her own but she thinks its to big and fast to handle.
So Im selling it to move onto something else becouse boats are my life and cant live without.

Back to the title bit... Im looking for the best place to market the boat without broker and think that offshore only is a good place to start.
call me at the number on the other sites and lets talk baja sport 280

Last edited by hurryup; 01-26-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Registered

Hey this is Charlie
I bought the tri axle trailer from you. Any word on the title? I was trying to get your number!

Please call me. 973-879-0511
Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=hurryup;3855930]....
Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 AM
tgi
Registered

Originally Posted by hurryup
Im looking to sell my 1989 sport 280 and was wondering if anyone has any input as to where and how to find a interested party.I have it listed on craigslist ,abl boats.com and boat trader.com. Im sure that there is a person in this world who would be interested in this clean well running classic go fast .the motors are stock but have been overhauled,drives too .I just did the sunpad at the end of the season and interior is in great shape.i have also put a new horn,gps/map and compass,porta poti,killer clarion stereo and more on board.
so if anyone reads this and might be interested or know anyone interested ,give me a buzz you will not be disapointed when you come and see..
the boat came from Kentucky in July to long Island NY where it is now in my back yard for the off season.
the hull has gotten a new paint job with original sport 280 graffics in dark blue metalic/gray metalic.new guages new steering wheel and all of this can be seen at the boat trader page or the others ..
I bought this boat to replace a sport 280 that I had before back in the early 2000s.It is alot of fun and fast.
My other half wanted a new day boat and something she could use with the kids on her own but she thinks its to big and fast to handle.
So Im selling it to move onto something else becouse boats are my life and cant live without.

Back to the title bit... Im looking for the best place to market the boat without broker and think that offshore only is a good place to start.
call me at the number on the other sites and lets talk baja sport 280
I don't think it's so much your particular boat, but the market in general. There are many people here that have their boat rotting in the classified section due to it being severely overvalued.

I'm not sure where you have it priced at, but if you price your boat "right" it will be gone in 30 days. If your phones not ringing its not priced right. I know its not what you want to hear but it's the ugly side to this hobby.

Many "experts" on here claim to know where the boat market is because they use to work in the industry.... There is a reason they no longer work in the industry.....

Good luck on your sale......
Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If youre more than $20k on a Baja 280, your over-priced. And it has to be CLEAN with no rot. Preferably Mags in it.

I sold mine for $14k last year on an aluminum tri-axle trailer.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rambocj7
If youre more than $20k on a Baja 280, your over-priced. And it has to be CLEAN with no rot. Preferably Mags in it.

Wht makes you say that? Just because you sold yours cheap last year at the worst time to sell a boat. I have seen his add. Has newer motors and in good shape.

There are not many boats in the 30' range with twins to compare with. That being said it is a limited markett, your not going to get a loan on it easy, going to be more of a cash buyer. They will take longer to sell, but that does not mean you have to give it away.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rambocj7

I wish someone would give me 14k for my 24
Old 01-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 49 Posts

This thread could go in so many directions... I already see shots fired across the bow....
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Registered

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it... When your seeing 32 Outlaws forMid to upper 20's and 420's for upper 30's to lower 40's, I believe the 280 would be priced right at around 15-20k depending on the options..JMO
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Registered

I bought a 280 for $12,000 but as you can expect it was not in top condition. The 280's I see in good shape with recent rebuilds are at the $25,000 range plus or minus depending on electronics, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.