Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
342 / 33 OL. Factor subs >

342 / 33 OL. Factor subs

Notices

342 / 33 OL. Factor subs

Old 02-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess i have never seen the back seat set up like that it looks like it is not comfortable with more than two.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Yes the Kicker fit in the factory holes. I also cut 4 more holes (ahhhhh!)
Old 02-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Registered

If that is a sealed off area you can do alot better than the Clarion. If it is an open area, the Alpine and JL will do a bit better than the Clarions.

If it isn't a sealed area can it be sealed? If you get a good set of 10" in a 1 cu.ft. enclosure you can make some bass. If not, I would not spend the money to upgrade, it wont be that big of an upgrade.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Registered

its not sealed. it opens to the side of the hull, and from there it goes back to a wall, with s samll opening at the top where the throttle/shift cables, and wires enter the bildge. going forward it opens up to the side storage compartment. so its a free air kind of job, but some area back there to bounce some noice around too.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
its not sealed. it opens to the side of the hull, and from there it goes back to a wall, with s samll opening at the top where the throttle/shift cables, and wires enter the bildge. going forward it opens up to the side storage compartment. so its a free air kind of job, but some area back there to bounce some noice around too.
Kind of what I figured. Upgrading to the Alpine or JL's will get you a bit better sound, but it's not a huge jump unless the Clarions are starting to show their age.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Registered

I think age and not that good in the first place is hurting them the most. I think a decent free air sub would make a difference. we will see.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Yes a new free air sub will make a good difference.

Personally I like to run a few middle to high end speaker with near maxed out RMS Watts for the best sound compared to running lots of speakers that are underpowered.

I love my Kickers and this is the first time ever using the brand. Obviously Focal sound great. I also like the sound of the Alpine. JL have a great rep but I personally am not impressed.

Kicker also makes a marine sub aleady in a box you might be able to fit in the side panel. Going to try those in my cruiser this summer.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Registered

Run all speakers at 125% of RMS and all subs at 150% RMS for best sound. The least I would do is match RMS. Running less than RMS is not good for the speaker or the amp, unless you are very disciplined at not running the system into distortion .

Personally the best sounding speakers for the money I have heard lately is the Alpines. As soon as I roast my last set of spares that I bough for my boat I will be switching to the Alpines. JL are way over priced in my O for the sound they give.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
Personally the best sounding speakers for the money I have heard lately is the Alpines. As soon as I roast my last set of spares that I bough for my boat I will be switching to the Alpines. JL are way over priced in my O for the sound they give.
this i have head as well.