What model Baja is this? >

What model Baja is this?

Notices

What model Baja is this?

Old 02-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxr1216
i thought the 250es was a '91 model??and i thought the '90 model was a sport 250??

mine is a '90 according to the hull id and the title, but its marked sport 250 on the dash and above the rub rail area on both sides of the boat.

Your boat has 89' graphics and model ID. I bet it was bumped up from a 89' to a 90' There might have been old dash panels in some 250 ES models that said Sport if I remember correct? A 91' model will have the newer interior Aero bolsters while the 89' & 90' had the square single leg bolsters.

XT
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by fleg1
You can get the bolster stands from GreatLakesSkipper on ebay, Or XT if he managed to get some from the factory before the demise!!!
No, I buy mine from Great Lakes Skipper. They are priced about what Baja paid for them.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Custom Interiors & More

OK, All this talk about the Baja 260 made me dig up my old photos and scan them. Not to crash the thread but I just wanted to give a little more information on the 260 model and share some photos of mine.

Mine was actually a 1990 Baja 240 DVX (less than 6 for 1990) that we designed to replace the Baja 235 DVX model. When I placed my order the pricing was not even completed so they based it on the 235 dealer pricing. All I can say is I got one great deal on the boat including my employee discount.

Doug Smith even allowed me to push the boat off to the side because I wanted to make a few changes like bolsters, and I wanted every hole cut perfect and every screw head to line up. I do remember after about 5 weeks of working til midnight on it Doug said put that thing back on the production line! LOL I was beat anyway.

I even remember taking the windshield home to tint it a little darker before installing. In the photos if you look close you can see the 240 DVX decals and the older square style bolsters from 1990. The only one ever like it.

Lets see... the summer of 90' I would have been 25 years old, single, still sporting 80's hair, and running around Lake Erie in a brand new $35,000.00 Baja and there was never a shortage of good looking girls that wanted to go. Life was good that year!

Now the story of the last photo. After having so much fun in 1990 my plan was to do it all again in 91', but on March 29th that spring I had went to the local county fairgrounds where I had stored the boat because it was a perfect weather day to get it home, only to find it was blocked in by someones travel trailer so I said forget it "I will just get it next weekend". Later that same day we see smoke coming from the area of the fairgrounds and we jump in my truck to find that kids playing in the open hey barn next to the storage building started a huge fire that took both buildings to the ground. All you can really see in the photo is the engine block still standing.

She was gone!
Attached Thumbnails What model Baja is this?-scan.jpg   What model Baja is this?-scan2.jpg   What model Baja is this?-scan4.jpg  

What model Baja is this?-scan7.jpg   What model Baja is this?-scan3.jpg   What model Baja is this?-scan6.jpg  

What model Baja is this?-scan8.jpg   What model Baja is this?-scan9.jpg  
Old 02-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The second photo of the 260 in the water. Man that boat just has great looking lines in the water. They look fast just sitting. That swept back windshield is just perfect. We really liked ours just needed something bigger for Lake Michigan.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very cool but sad story XT, kind of a tragic ending. Some of the perks of working at the factory you got to build it just how you wanted to. You are the Baja efficenado by far. Always good insight. Thank you for that!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Most likely the reason. All it took was a die grinder and push a new HIN number into wet gelcoat. Best way to tell is to locate the hidden HIN number and see if it looks like there were ever two numbers glassed one over the other.

Many Dealers would not take a leftover boat unless the model year was updated.

XT
XT,
I've sone a search and found a thread that you will not post the hidden HIN location. Could you please PM me the location so I can take a look to see what the correct HIN is? Thanks.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:15 AM
Registered

So so so SREIOUSLY have to give you props XT. I was 18, and heading out for the Army, June 1990. You were living the life that I thought I would have when I went in. Dammit, all I needed was the same 226/240 I bought as my first performance boat in 05, 15 years earlier. Props to you bro! I'm exceptioanlly impressed.
Middle pic, big hair, tight jeans, jacket for no apparent reason.... Dated a LOT of her White Lion,Tesla,Cinderella,Ect., groupies. Thank god for Nirvana/Soundgarden right after that. got me out of a lot of "Cherry Pie" problems. Makes me feel pretty damn old, and young at the same time. Awesome.

Last edited by txtraveller2002; 02-27-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by spazz
XT,
I've sone a search and found a thread that you will not post the hidden HIN location. Could you please PM me the location so I can take a look to see what the correct HIN is? Thanks.
Done,

If the change was made at the factory, the hidden HIN would also have been fixed.

XT
Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 AM
Registered

XT, wow, didn't know your 260 ended that way. It was a great 14 years with mine and i'd probably still have it, but friend bought it and i upgraded to a 302 3 years ago. At least i still get to see it. I did have docking lights, but no windows in the cabin. And i had my windshield tinted, to only way to go.

Delforce, I see Great Lakes still has the stands and I assume they are the right height. I'd jump on those and get ya a pair cause its a great upgrade for the 260 along with a Livorsi shifter/throttle and get rid of the single Quicksilver shifter.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

XT - those are some awesome pictures, too bad there weren't more of those floating around the factory. I know we got a good one now and then. I remember a couple others that bought Baja's while there. I still think the biggest mistake I made down there was not ordering a new boat while I could have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.