old baja stereo upgrade >

old baja stereo upgrade

Notices

old baja stereo upgrade

Old 03-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old baja stereo upgrade

I have a 265 force and really want to upgrade the stereo. If I was just replacing rhe head unit and current speakers I know i could do it myself, but id like to add subs and an amp. Is this something that I can do myself? What is the best setup to hear the stereo while in the water? Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ill get the ball rolling on this subject, how mechanicly inclined are you? The actual install of the stereo isn't much but making it look nice takes an art. Basically to hear the stereo you need your speakers up high as possible and your subs down towards the floor, and depending on how loud you want it to be you might need 2 amps one for the mids/highs and one for the subs. Not bad to do but alittle more involved.

Budget is always a factor because stuff can get expensive in a hurry. If you're looking for just alittle louder you can go with a 5 channel amp one channel for the sub and the other 4 for the mids. It won't be mind numbing bass but it will be louder and sound nice while not breaking the bank.

I've always read for marine amps you want to use a class D amp because it doesn't quite use as much power to run for the little bit of sound quality loss. If you can mount it in the cabin I don't feel you need the amp to be marine style as long as you keep it dry... Speakers on the other hand need to be marine grade along with the subs. I personally like the kicker stuff. I get a deal through a friend so for me they're the best! Lol but everyone has an opinion on what's their favorite.

Hope that's atleast a start for you
Old 03-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ckcgobigblue
I have a 265 force and really want to upgrade the stereo. If I was just replacing rhe head unit and current speakers I know i could do it myself, but id like to add subs and an amp. Is this something that I can do myself? What is the best setup to hear the stereo while in the water? Thanks
I guess it depends on how comfortable you are dealing with electronics. Mid/hi up high and subs down low. I think the 265 has the same seat setup as the 280, so you can go big with the subs. Placement of amps depends on how much work you want to do.

If your asking if you can do it, sounds like you never have. May be best to take it to someone that knows what they are doing.