Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
where to find purple carpet and purple underwater lights for a 96 outlaw >

where to find purple carpet and purple underwater lights for a 96 outlaw

Notices

where to find purple carpet and purple underwater lights for a 96 outlaw

Old 06-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These lights should do the trick...SC-UV Ultra Caster « Shadow-Caster | Marine LEDs

You can also try snap in carpet for the carpet. Boat Carpet by Custom Marine Carpet Not taking anything away from XT though, he sounds like he knows his stuff for sure.

Here are a couple pics of my carpet. charcoal though, and some purple LED's but not underwater...I haven't changed mine out yet, I currently have blue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502128[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502129[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502130[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails where to find purple carpet and purple underwater lights for a 96 outlaw-cockpit_carpet.jpg   where to find purple carpet and purple underwater lights for a 96 outlaw-lit_cigarette_engine_bay_no_flash.jpg   where to find purple carpet and purple underwater lights for a 96 outlaw-lit_cigarette_cockpit_no_flash.jpg  

Old 06-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Registered

Dave at XT all the way for carpet and cockpit covers
Old 06-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Registered

I still like purple.... Ages a lot better than teal, that's for sure......

Originally Posted by txtraveller2002
This guy ^ knows WTF he's talking about, and could get you damn close to the shade that came in the boat from the factory....the only question is, are you absolutely tied to purple again? The reason I ask that is purple on boats has been waaaay done the last few years. Yes, that particular color had a good run from, say, the original 80s Miami Vice until about 8-10 years ago....It's ok to go with a light or dark gray, trust me. I just bought a new to me (1998)boat, and one of the requirements was no purple. My wife diagreed, because it's her favorite color, but is more than happy with what we have now. My last boat was a 97 Baja 252, black and red graphics all the way around, and had a purple stripe in the bolsters and back seat. (?). Like I said, no idea why purple was so big at the time....just food for thought....
Old 06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
These lights should do the trick...SC-UV Ultra Caster « Shadow-Caster | Marine LEDs

You can also try snap in carpet for the carpet. Boat Carpet by Custom Marine Carpet Not taking anything away from XT though, he sounds like he knows his stuff for sure.

Here are a couple pics of my carpet. charcoal though, and some purple LED's but not underwater...I haven't changed mine out yet, I currently have blue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502128[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502129[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502130[/ATTACH]
Would you mind sharing the pricing on the LED's? And did you order them directly from the company or distributor? I know how hard it is to find the purple, I will save this info for future use. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Registered

Here's where I bought them from, Waterproof Ribbon LED Strips

They're the typical silicone encased flexible strip lights. You can cut them at every 3 LED's and then just solder a positive and negative lead onto them. I used 22awg tinned marine wire and heat shrunk the ends on all my connections then wired them into a toggle switch on my dash. Here's a pic of the lights under my side panels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502187[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails where to find purple carpet and purple underwater lights for a 96 outlaw-led_lower_lights.jpg  
Old 06-06-2013, 03:42 PM
SBX
Registered

I have purple LEDs....but they arent Underwater lights

Old 06-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Here's where I bought them from, Waterproof Ribbon LED Strips

They're the typical silicone encased flexible strip lights. You can cut them at every 3 LED's and then just solder a positive and negative lead onto them. I used 22awg tinned marine wire and heat shrunk the ends on all my connections then wired them into a toggle switch on my dash. Here's a pic of the lights under my side panels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502187[/ATTACH]
I actually missed you saying you hadn't gotten the underwater ones yet. That was what I was thinking of when I asked the question. I got the strip ones already from Superbrightleds but it's nice to know there's another place to get them.