Picked up my new ride! >

Picked up my new ride!

Notices

Picked up my new ride!

Old 06-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAYLINER32
i know. always something breaking on these big blocks. every since i turbocharged them been having issues. dont know much about motors, but im thinking about going back to the old dependable small blocks. have you had much trouble with your motors?
It's not a big block vs small block issue. It's a modified vs stock issue.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Travis, how are your props doing? Mine have been doing good. I think I need to tweak a lil though.
Weight, water, fuel, heat really don't effect my speeds much.

Wot at around 64-65 light and same fuel 1/4 with 6 ppl ran 63-64. Considering 3 blades ran 67.6, I am pretty close to being balance btw wot and cruise. 3750-3800 @ 50 with full fuel 4 ppl gear/beer and flat water.

I am considering sending back to get a lil more cruise... Maybe....
Old 07-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Registered

t-rav. think i gonna look for a new boat and dump this one. What is your expierience with the Baja's you have had?
I am not a mechanic by no means, so any advise would be appreciated.Probably need to back to the basics, 25 foot, single motor set up.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BAYLINER32
t-rav. think i gonna look for a new boat and dump this one. What is your expierience with the Baja's you have had?
I am not a mechanic by no means, so any advise would be appreciated.Probably need to back to the basics, 25 foot, single motor set up.
Ok, I am not Travis, but I am on my 2nd Baja. First was a 25 outlaw w/454 mag mpi.

25 ol was an awesome boat and took rough water amazing for a true 25' boat. Most other brands don't have a true 25' running surface that you want in rough.

We loved our 25 and we love our 33 even more! Actually, we needed a cpl things a single engine 25 ft boat couldn't offer. I was considering a cc for most of the "wants" we needed.

Cuddy,head or enclosed head, longer to smooth out rough water with small kids in boat, twins for safety traveling out in gulf by ourselves, and more room in boat to walk around once stopped as everyone usually jumps up while I still have to set anchor,etc.

The 33ol fit the bill perfectly and we love our Baja brand. Best bang for the buck, not as fast as some, but very stabile and predictable regardless of size. Cruise speed keeps up with most at 50ish.

Out of my boat buddies, they all have faster boats, several in the 80s, but traveling with the ladies, wot is limited to short burst in very few canals we have.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Got a very nice 30 Outlaw for someone that wants to be the proud owner of a spotless, turnkey reliable 30 with HO's. Priced to sell and have darn near given away all my wiggle room! Well below payoff! Come and get it!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o56600-en.html
Old 07-02-2014, 12:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

@nailit so far I've been happy with the props still trying to get the right time to really ring her out, but overall I'm I've been pleased so far. @bay, we have been happy with our baja's, like nailit said, they aren't the fastest, but they are nice boats for the money. My beak buddy said he was surprised by the ride of mine during the TOC. I don't really care for being passed, but for what I have and what I paid I am happy with it. What kind of price range are you looking in?? Imartin's 30 will put you close to 80mph, if your looking smaller the 25 outlaw is a good boat or the 272, which is the same hull but has more space in the cockpit are good options, I will say the ride difference between the 25 & 29 are night and day for our area. There's also a decent looking 29 on Houston cl for not a bad price.

Last edited by T-RAV; 07-02-2014 at 12:16 AM.