272 windshield black base molding?

Notices

272 windshield black base molding?

Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by puzzleboy
Any luck?
This kind of fell to the bottom of my list. Just got my recovered interior in and getting it installed has been my focus lately.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just ordered new for my boat mine uses the vision ( second up on the left ) with shipping and their handling fee for 30 feet of it was only $88.00 shipped Theresa is very easy to deal with and very knowlegable she looked up my windsheild and verified that i had the correct part number
Old 07-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Registered

ok guys hate to tell you but you all overpayed wayyyyyyy too much for your trim. I have searched for a reasonable priced replacement for the windshield for a few months and found the easy way out. Go to lowes or home depot and get a "garage door seal kit" made by "frostking" it is 2 1/4 wide by 16 feet for like 13 bucks each. Also comes in 9 foot sections. It even almost looks like the original bends in the foam and real easy to cut with a razor blade. Yes you have to bend it over itself but dont cut the width it fits the depth and holds it in place. hope this helps i couldnt justify paying the price taylormade charges.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Registered

That's a lot cheaper than I was originally quoted by her.... (was in the neighbourhood of $8/foot).

Ed, does 30 feet do the whole boat? I forgot what the distance around is. If I can get it for $88 shipped I'll be ordering it also. What is "Vision".... does it look like the pictures I attached in Post # 4?

Thx!

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
i just ordered new for my boat mine uses the vision ( second up on the left ) with shipping and their handling fee for 30 feet of it was only $88.00 shipped Theresa is very easy to deal with and very knowlegable she looked up my windsheild and verified that i had the correct part number

Last edited by puzzleboy; 07-29-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Puzzleboy 30 feet is a little more than you need but it gives you a chance to make a mistake trimming the edges to fit and yes your trim looks just like mine only i ordered the second row up and first one on the left Theresa can verify which one you have i just have not had time to get mine put on yet hell the way things are going for me it may be this winter before i get to put it on you do know yours is going to be more since you are in Canada and shipping is going to be more unless you have someplace close that you can pick it up and carry it over the border if they dont want to ship to you have it sent to me and i will ship it to you i ship out of the country all of the time

Last edited by Ebay Ed; 07-29-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Registered

Thanks for the offer Ed, much appreciated! I have stuff sent to a buddy in NY all the time to avoid the border gouging we get.

I wonder why your screw cover is so different.... Think the windshield bases are that much different from year to year?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Puzzle look at your moulding again pretty sure it is the same as mine just rolled up from age like mine was take a really sharp knife and cut into it in the middle of a piece you will see it is different than you are looking at
Old 07-31-2013, 07:27 AM
Registered

Ed, if you can, post up a picture of your old molding. It could be that they did make a change, because mine really does look like the one she reccomended. And the track has a small raised flange in it that engages the small groove that runs the length of the molding.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

i wont have any of the old until i remove the center piece for the middle part of the windshield already threw the rest of it away sorry but looking at yours again it is definately different from mine i think you are correct in your choice
Old 07-31-2013, 08:01 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are probably different frames from 96' to 98' models. Heck we made mid year windshield changes back then. I think the 272's started with TaylorMade windshield then we moved to windshields from Aldon because they fit much better and looked better. Sea Ray had a fit becuase they purchased from Taylor Made and forced us to switch back, but it did not matter because TaylorMade purchased Aldon a year later or so.

XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.