Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Should i keep my 33OL or sell it? >

Should i keep my 33OL or sell it?

Notices

Should i keep my 33OL or sell it?

Old 05-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never been in the boat, so, I cant speak for certain, but, the pic with 4 people standing up it appears the cockpit is pretty good size, again, cant say for certain. 37ft boat usually has a pretty decent sized cockpit, especially since the motors aren't staggered.

Just throwing it out there
Old 05-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
That's pretty nice.. like the cuddy but that cockpit is small.. he couldn't even get the floor in the pic of the bench.. you can see the back of the bolster..

Again.. depends what he wants.. sacrifice somewhere!! Happy with my 33 ol and get to keep my Baja shirts, hat and coozie!!! Though I need another sticker for the jeep!!

You getting the hang of her yet? Big jump from a 25! I was looking to go up but decided I like what I have so the search is off! However, I am upgrading my RV so I'm excited !!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
You getting the hang of her yet? Big jump from a 25! I was looking to go up but decided I like what I have so the search is off! However, I am upgrading my RV so I'm excited !!!!
Didn't have any problems on my 2 outings .. lol.
Missed tickfaw due to nephew graduation then raining mothers day weekend so hopefully this weekend we will be on the water!!

I let my dad upgrade the RV.. they have a camp on the bayou so not sure why he bought the 42 phaeton and barely uses it, but I get to use it anytime I want.. though he lives just under 2 hours away my jeep has the tow bar attachment

Been doing more tinkering.. new radio, 3 bank charger, cleaning and making sure everything works.. still need additional seating decided which direction.. (see other thread) and of course SEAT time!!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
Didn't have any problems on my 2 outings .. lol.
Missed tickfaw due to nephew graduation then raining mothers day weekend so hopefully this weekend we will be on the water!!

I let my dad upgrade the RV.. they have a camp on the bayou so not sure why he bought the 42 phaeton and barely uses it, but I get to use it anytime I want.. though he lives just under 2 hours away my jeep has the tow bar attachment

Been doing more tinkering.. new radio, 3 bank charger, cleaning and making sure everything works.. still need additional seating decided which direction.. (see other thread) and of course SEAT time!!
That's Awesome!!! Yeah, a little seat and throttle time and you should be havin some fun in the sun! How is the size difference ?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
I sure do love hearing all these good things about the 33OL... ha

Yeah, same hull but 600 pounds heavier. LOL
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will take 600 lbs, for glass windshield, molded swimplatform, and the aminitys,

but other wise they are the same boat with diffent looks
Old 05-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
That's Awesome!!! Yeah, a little seat and throttle time and you should be havin some fun in the sun! How is the size difference ?
HUGE>>

size difference imagine adding the space from the back of the bolster to your dash on the 25ol.. Now add that between the bench and your bolster

see pic.. there is still some room to the bench.. that box is a radio box that I was about to install..

I put my JUMBO fenders in the gunnel!

Steven720.... again.. my vote KEEP HER! Why give up this space!
Attached Thumbnails Should i keep my 33OL or sell it?-33cockpit2.jpg  

Last edited by nailit; 05-15-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Registered

I to store 2 8.5 inch fnders, and all my ropes in the gunnels.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
I to store 2 8.5 inch fnders, and all my ropes in the gunnels.
wait... I can probably put some padding in there and the put the kids!! problem solved!!!

yes.. Huge space in Cockpit.. Not giving that up.. Can hold ice chest and still not in the way to walk around.

so big.. wife asked the first time we took it out why it was quieter than the 25ol.. so, I walked to the bench!

It was b/c we were so far a way from it now!!

VOTE AGAIN>> KEEP HER!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered

Easy decision.
If you like to run fast not burn a ton of fuel and play in the ruff? Get rid of it fast. These boats (33-36) will beat you to death in the rough and fail apart.
If you like a cruiser with the go fast look keep it. They have tons of room and still look fast.

For myself best thing I did was dump my 36. It looked great but was a pig on fuel, speed, and couldnt handling the rough. Never wanted to go out of the bay. Great raft up boat but horrible runner.

Last edited by gr8evo; 05-15-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.