Notices

Should i keep my 33OL or sell it?

Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
HUGE>>

size difference imagine adding the space from the back of the bolster to your dash on the 25ol.. Now add that between the bench and your bolster

see pic.. there is still some room to the bench.. that box is a radio box that I was about to install..

I put my JUMBO fenders in the gunnel!

Steven720.... again.. my vote KEEP HER! Why give up this space!

Wow ! looks like a dance floor, just need a place to hang the disco ball and your set! Can't believe the difference.... Awesome!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gr8evo
Easy decision.
If you like to run fast not burn a ton of fuel and play in the ruff? Get rid of it fast. These boats (33-36) will beat you to death in the rough and fail apart.
If you like a cruiser with the go fast look keep it. They have tons of room and still look fast.

For myself best thing I did was dump my 36. It looked great but was a pig on fuel, speed, and couldnt handling the rough. Never wanted to go out of the bay. Great raft up boat but horrible runner.

Nice looking boat!

I agree, if you are looking to run fast, a straight hull probably isn't your best bet. Stepped hull and (if you have room) staggered drives are a better choice, if speed is your ONLY goal then buy a Cat, but, insurance can sometimes be REALLY expensive.

I guess it's like someone mentioned earlier, what's your desire or motivation to move up?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by steven0720
My 33OL came with the 496 Mag, so speed wise 63-67 top. The boat is easy to trailer too, especially the with the triple Electric over hydro disc brakes, makes traveling lots easier.
Normally its smarter to upgrade boats over pouring money into your current boat. But every situation is different. And you might be able to do a few upgrades that make sense, besides trying to go 80+. IF you want 80+ upgrade to a different boat, or the same/similar boat that goes that fast. (but then you will want 100, we all do!)

maintainance and up keep will be MORE Expensive with a larger and faster boat. As great as blue engines are they still need rebuilds and freshening. Some have had head gasket issues, some header leaks, etc. Awesome engines but you still have to plan on putting money into them, and sometimes sooner then you would hope. And since they are more horsepower, high end engines, they cost more to rebuild.

XR drives are nothings special, they actually suck. Plan on rebuilding them more often they you can imagine. Even behind stock blue power they break, sometimes as soon as 80 easy family hours.

So yeah, upgrade boats, just remember your slush fund needs to be MUCH larger then it is now, or you will have one sweet boat, broke down at the dock.

Good luck and enjoy your shopping, dreaming, and current boat in the mean time!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8evo
Easy decision.
If you like to run fast not burn a ton of fuel and play in the ruff? Get rid of it fast. These boats (33-36) will beat you to death in the rough and fail apart.
If you like a cruiser with the go fast look keep it. They have tons of room and still look fast.

For myself best thing I did was dump my 36. It looked great but was a pig on fuel, speed, and couldnt handling the rough. Never wanted to go out of the bay. Great raft up boat but horrible runner.

So what did you end up with?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steven0720
My 33OL came with the 496 Mag, so speed wise 63-67 top. The boat is easy to trailer too, especially the with the triple Electric over hydro disc brakes, makes traveling lots easier.
Had a 33OL before the 42 Fountain we now have. We really loved it for day boating and great looks. Handled and docked so well it was a pleasure. The 42 runs smoother and handles rough water better but with less cockpit space and harder to dock. I had a 2004 with 496HOs and went 72 with labbed Bravo 28's with four people and half a tank.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by On Time
Had a 33OL before the 42 Fountain we now have. We really loved it for day boating and great looks. Handled and docked so well it was a pleasure. The 42 runs smoother and handles rough water better but with less cockpit space and harder to dock. I had a 2004 with 496HOs and went 72 with labbed Bravo 28's with four people and half a tank.
I looked at the fountain 382 and 38 cigarette 38 top gun, I like them both. But the fountain have the Gen set and AC, so that's a plus
Old 05-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

You must mean Formula 382.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
You must mean Formula 382.
Yeah, that's what I mean, not sure why I typed in fountain.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Someone is always going to have a nicer faster boat! I remember when I bought my 25OL, to me I had the baddest boat on the water , I couldn't help wondering out to the driveway just to look at it, then the newness faded and i started looking again and questioning my purchase! This all goes away the second I dip her!

I've learned to be happy with what I have, and not to make life a competition that I could never win!
I agree, The grass isnt greener. btw got my engine back Rick, 779hp@6000rpm. putting it back in this weekend!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Wow ! looks like a dance floor, just need a place to hang the disco ball and your set! Can't believe the difference.... Awesome!
Not to offend...but I was thinkin stripper pole. LOl haha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.