33OL jump seats/cooler seats >

33OL jump seats/cooler seats

Notices

33OL jump seats/cooler seats

Old 05-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 33OL jump seats/cooler seats

My 33ol doesnt have the quad bolsters but I didn't really want them taking up all that room..

I would like to add/buy/build some seats behind the front bolsters for the kids. Removable, Light... even could use cooler cushions.. searched web with not to much luck..

I do have access to alum material/welding and could make cushions for a folding seat..

Any ideas or has anyone done this???

Coolers would be easy b/c they could use sidewall as backrest, but would have to anchor to floor.. cooler supports would be in the way if coolers werent in there????

thanks
Attached Thumbnails 33OL jump seats/cooler seats-33cockpit.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
My 33ol doesnt have the quad bolsters but I didn't really want them taking up all that room..

I would like to add/buy/build some seats behind the front bolsters for the kids. Removable, Light... even could use cooler cushions.. searched web with not to much luck..

I do have access to alum material/welding and could make cushions for a folding seat..

Any ideas or has anyone done this???

Coolers would be easy b/c they could use sidewall as backrest, but would have to anchor to floor.. cooler supports would be in the way if coolers werent in there????

thanks
Have actually thought about this. How about a bolster back that could clamp onto the existing bolster? There would be no base to it. Just have a couple legs that would stand on the floor with rubber feet the back of a bolster and then some way to clamp it on to the existing bolster. You would then just climb over it to get in it. Then you have the handles on the back of the front bolsters to hang onto and the support of the bolster back.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
Have actually thought about this. How about a bolster back that could clamp onto the existing bolster? There would be no base to it. Just have a couple legs that would stand on the floor with rubber feet the back of a bolster and then some way to clamp it on to the existing bolster. You would then just climb over it to get in it. Then you have the handles on the back of the front bolsters to hang onto and the support of the bolster back.
am I understanding you?
no seat? facing backwards?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Registered

am I understanding you?
no seat? facing backwards?
No imagine like a 4 bolster setup, with the second bolster right behind the front bolster. You just jump into the hole to get in.

I have thought about it on my boat, because when I have 4 people on a run the wife would like to stand instead of sit. With a setup like I am thinking you could just take it in and out as needed, and still have room to use the bench seat as well.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

No imagine like a 4 bolster setup, with the second bolster right behind the front bolster. You just jump into the hole to get in.

I have thought about it on my boat, because when I have 4 people on a run the wife would like to stand instead of sit. With a setup like I am thinking you could just take it in and out as needed, and still have room to use the bench seat as well.
ok... that would be good for adults, but I really want to have seats.. Really just for the kids when we have another family with us. adults get bench and bolsters and then by ourselves we can take out fold down... something...

i.e. we normally take trips to Ship Island. 4-5 adults and numerous kids. Some sit on laps (2yr old) and some sit in cabin. would like to have small bench seats that could prob fit 2 of thier lil butts behind each bolster.

Like I could use 54qt ice chests with cushion and put them long ways agains the side as back support. then handrail behind bolster.

anyone think the sidewall could hold weight?? i.e. hinge that seat folds down with front legs that fold out and act as front support?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

ok... that would be good for adults, but I really want to have seats.. Really just for the kids when we have another family with us. adults get bench and bolsters and then by ourselves we can take out fold down... something...

i.e. we normally take trips to Ship Island. 4-5 adults and numerous kids. Some sit on laps (2yr old) and some sit in cabin. would like to have small bench seats that could prob fit 2 of thier lil butts behind each bolster.

Like I could use 54qt ice chests with cushion and put them long ways agains the side as back support. then handrail behind bolster.

anyone think the sidewall could hold weight?? i.e. hinge that seat folds down with front legs that fold out and act as front support?
Have a metal frame made to clamp onto bolsters. Make it big enough so the seat could flip up and put a cooler under it. I don't think I would want kids sitting on something that was unsupported. Basicaly make your bench into a U-shape seating.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Registered

Have a metal frame made to clamp onto bolsters. Make it big enough so the seat could flip up and put a cooler under it. I don't think I would want kids sitting on something that was unsupported. Basicaly make your bench into a U-shape seating.
thats what I was debating.. either that or just put an ice chest (secured somehow that isn't bulky or in the way when not in place) or make seat stands.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 129 Likes on 51 Posts

Be cool maybe to find the wrap around back seat from a 342 and incorporate it into the back somehow...
Old 05-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Be cool maybe to find the wrap around back seat from a 342 and incorporate it into the back somehow...
yeah.. but also want convertible when 50% of time it would be just us.. like having my dance floor :-)
Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Registered

Make them sit on coolers, and hang on. Lots of work, and mounted stuff hurt resale. not money as you got a smoking deal, but time on market with some crazy home made bench seats would be a hard sell.

in a year or 2 they will be standing up with you. Just my 2 cents from the other side of the internet.

The 342 U shapped seating could be made ot fit though, and would look factory.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.