Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length?? >

Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length??

Notices

Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length??

Old 06-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length??

hey guys..

We have decided to break down and get a bimini.. After last weekend and a decent wind fighting the anchorshade, despite our opposition due to looks...

want to get one that covers just over edge of sunpad by bench and most of cockpit.. (will need to measure to see how long this ends ups being..

Probably a 4 pole around 7-8ft?

Will be SS with hurricane bars to hold it up.

Does anyone have pics of a 33 with bimini and/or any opinion(s) on where its mounted.. inside or out? etc.

here are a couple pics of inside and side view. Will prob go with Teal color. Prob outside would fit better and out the way, have flat spot in front of vent that would be easy.. inside? Then may be able to stow in engine compartment??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501953[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]501954[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length??-33cockpit.jpg   Anyone with 33 outlaw bimini?? Pics? where Mounted? length??-image.jpg  

Last edited by nailit; 06-03-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one when i bought my boat. they mounted the aluminum brackets along the top flat spot along the edges. They actually took the brackets out and put little plastic inserts in the holes when i bought it and i have never put it on or up. I know you can make it work though. I never go slow enough to have it up and with the style i have the aluminum arms are lengthy and would not fit anywhere very good not for sure if it will fit in the engine compartment. I would be intersted in selling it is a navy blue like brand new. I can see if it will fit in the engine compartment and get you pics if you like ?
Old 06-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Registered

Richie; PM your email address and I'll send you some photos of the bimini on our Outlaw.....is probably the best money I spent on this boat.

Ray
Old 06-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slorider
I got one when i bought my boat. they mounted the aluminum brackets along the top flat spot along the edges. They actually took the brackets out and put little plastic inserts in the holes when i bought it and i have never put it on or up. I know you can make it work though. I never go slow enough to have it up and with the style i have the aluminum arms are lengthy and would not fit anywhere very good not for sure if it will fit in the engine compartment. I would be intersted in selling it is a navy blue like brand new. I can see if it will fit in the engine compartment and get you pics if you like ?
I didn't really want to put hardware on the top.. Also, I will need Teal.. don't have any Blue on my boat... (I wish will wrap eventually) thanks anyway..

Ray.. pm sent with email and cell # for text if easier..

thanks
Old 06-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't know how far you are from Grand sport center, but they have a 36 with a bimini in thier show room if you want to go look at it to get ideas
Old 06-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sorry just looked at your location... your a long ways away. never mind.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Registered

Thanks.. i checked it out online.. if you have the top off, those brackets on the rear would gitcha!!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Registered

This is what we're using for front and rear brackets. Accon Marine. 401 Quick Release
Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by emilsr
This is what we're using for front and rear brackets. Accon Marine. 401 Quick Release
that looks cool... did you screw or thru-bolt?
Old 06-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

I had one on my 302 and was good up to about 50-55 then it got a little crazy - would flap a lot.

Try to figure this out soon as I need one on my 342! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.