Removing Outlaw stereo >

Removing Outlaw stereo

Notices

Removing Outlaw stereo

Old 06-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Removing Outlaw stereo

Just wondering if any of you seasoned Baja owners knew the easiest way to remove the stock clarion head unit in a 1998 Baja outlaw 25. Im having a custom setup done here in the near future but until then id like to atleast be able to use an ipod when im out.

Thanks for the help!!!!! Dave i know you got some suggestions.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your probably going to have to leave it in untill you get the new setup. Just go get one of the RF modulators that sends the signal out as a radio frequency untill then. If you have stock amps they wont turn on without the radio. Plus there are probably speakers that are wired using the radio power so you need the old clarion to power them.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Registered

damn factory nonsense.......who uses a tape deck anymore. lmao
Old 06-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by xxxtreme36
damn factory nonsense.......who uses a tape deck anymore. lmao
I have a crap load of old tapes down in the basement if you need something to listen to. Lots of 80' & 90' stuff...LMAO
Old 06-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Registered

i just puked in my mouth a little.......ill take out a loan and bring the damn thing to you before i deal with a tape deck. Even if ir just gets the head unit subs and amps in. lol
Old 06-13-2013, 02:08 PM
SBX
Registered

Im not sure what your question is? I replied to your PM...if you cant physically get it out then to be honest odds are you dont need to pull it cause you are going to be in a bind once you get it out.

If you removed the front screws...and yes there are some maybe hidden behind plastic. Then you need to remove the glovebox and look in there...often times there is some backstrap holding it on. You can add any aftermarket head unit to it you want even if there are currently amps in the boat. Just make sure you buy one with a couple sets of RCA outs
Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Should be able to pop the lil covers off the sides of he splash guard. 4 screws and whole thing comes out then remove?? A tape deck.. Damn.. You could put one of those tape adapters with the wire that plugs in!!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
Should be able to pop the lil covers off the sides of he splash guard. 4 screws and whole thing comes out then remove?? A tape deck.. Damn.. You could put one of those tape adapters with the wire that plugs in!!
+1. Same setup that was in my 98 outlaw... its easy to remove it...at least mine came with a 6-disc changer...lol
Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered

Going to be putting a system in his boat here soon. The modulator is all he needs for now.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Registered

Yea sorry guys i wasnt thinking when i was looking at it, got half of my alpine items ordered along with the 4 Rockford P1-S4 10inch subs arrived as well. This project is going to be amazing. Thanks to Nightlife of course and my debit card. LOL.

Dave sent ya an email, shoot me a reply when you get a min. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.