Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
2000 29 outlaw with duals-need plane question help????? >

2000 29 outlaw with duals-need plane question help?????

Notices

2000 29 outlaw with duals-need plane question help?????

Old 07-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 29 outlaw with duals-need plane question help?????

I have a 2000 29 outlaw with 25 pitch 3 blade props........feels like i'm skating on ice when I first start to throttle up and if I go too much the boat goes no where. Any one have this problem and is there a solution????
Old 07-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

From my experience it is the the 25 3 blade prop, I went with a 4 blade and it jumps up on plane now, you can nail the throttle as hard as you want and no blow outs.

I tried a set of 23 3 blades and those worked good to get on plane but on top end it would hit the rev limiter.

It may be possible to have to have B Blades work them to help with getting on plane?

The only downside side I have found with the 4 blades is a slight loss in top speed, but the cruise speed is a little faster.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the 3 blades just keep your rpm under 3500 until you're up on plane. Drop the drives and sometimes the tabs depending on the load and it should come right up.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Registered

I have 3 blade on my 29 I never needed more then half throttle with drives all the way Down and I comes on plane really well if I push throttle then it blows out
Old 07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Too much throttle out of the hole.

Bblades can tune those props to be 100% better than what they are now. Reduce slip, better cruise, faster and carries the boat/bow much better. If your drives are still deep (like stock) those props will be all around better after "labbing" than a stock 4 blade out of the box. Give Brett @ Bblades a call, hear it straight out of the horses mouth. Good Luck.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by plapage
I have a 2000 29 outlaw with 25 pitch 3 blade props........feels like i'm skating on ice when I first start to throttle up and if I go too much the boat goes no where. Any one have this problem and is there a solution????
Sounds like you are cavitating (cavitation) or "blowing the props out" but trying to overspin the props before you get the boat on plane. My 29 I just power her up easy unit the point I can feel her almost giving away and then she will roll over on plane (usually around 3000-3400). And then once its on plane you can open it up more.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Registered

I agree with the prop work. I had one that slipped a little, but I also never needed more than half throttle to come up. I had a little cup put in the prop edge and it helped alot. It also gave some more bow lift.