Prop spin and ride height issues >

Prop spin and ride height issues

Notices

Prop spin and ride height issues

Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop spin and ride height issues

Little background. The boat is a 25' Outlaw. Has a built 540 with Brodix heads. makes about 650 on an engine dyno. Stock Bravo1 outdrive. If I have 3 people on the boat it runs/planes ok. GPS's about 73 (which seems slow huh?) 5 people I can hardly get across the lake without the prop spinning. I've had a stock 23, Mirage 27p, and a labbed Mirage 25p. It does it with all of them. Of course worse with the higher pitch ones. A question about how it sits in the water.... I was tied up to my friends outlaw25 yesterday and we noticed that his sits a full 3 inches down in the water more than mine does. Nobody was on the boats, so it wasn't a weight issue. Thanks for any help, it's very frustrating!
Old 07-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

It seems like you should be a little faster... your trying to get that whole boat out the water on 3 blades!

You could try a 4 blade, its going to kill your drive faster, but you should run better!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
It seems like you should be a little faster... your trying to get that whole boat out the water on 3 blades!

You could try a 4 blade, its going to kill your drive faster, but you should run better!

Run a 26 4 blade bravo 1 you can get it labbed, but shouldn't be an issue w your 540. . I pretty much the same set up as your and I'm shy of 80mph/gps. As far as ride height issues it could be either you had an empty tank or your buddy had a full tank and a bilge full of water. A few hundred pounds will lower a boat a couple inches.