Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
2004 342 TV Operation?   How to get to work? >

2004 342 TV Operation? How to get to work?

Notices

2004 342 TV Operation? How to get to work?

Old 08-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 342 TV Operation? How to get to work?

Hello All,

Been a Baja owner since 98 when I purchased a H2X new.... loved that boat... but it was time to upgrade. About 1 month ago I purchased a 2004 342 that was loaded and had everything I wanted in it.

This past month I have been shaking it out in Lake Havasu and getting to know the boat... I have one question about the TV in the cabin? Was there an original remote that come with this unit and was that the way you got it to function?

When I switch the stereo/TV toggle on the DC main the red lights come on for both the "AWESOME" (lol) VCR and also on the TV... but I can't seem to get it to do anything else.

When I look is the side cabinet I see what looks to be a TV antenna and another contraption that appears to be a signal booster?

Just looking for some insight on this system operation. I plan on upgrading that stuff over the winter time... but wonder if I just need to program my phone or direct tv remote I have lying around to get further past just the red lights on?

Thank for the answers in advance...

BTW. I used to be a regular on here and BajaBoatOwners back in the day... and love all the posts.

Mike
vettix.org

Last edited by sparkyrulz; 08-16-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Registered

BUMP - Any help would be appreciated here... It has to be the same setup for most Baja that have the tv/vcr combos. I know my boat came with the CMD4 but now it has the CMD5 but the TV selections don't exist when looking through the menu. I'm guessing there used to be a remote for this setup to get into the VCR menu and that is what controlled the entire system?

I do have a VHS tape that give me tour of my boat so I will insert that and see what it gives me.

Mike
VetTix.org (give something to those who gave)
Old 08-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Registered

Is it a TV/VCR combo unit? Or is it two seperate pieces? A universal remote is probably all you need.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Registered

It's two separate pieces and I have some sort of antenna and a gain increase contraption in the side cabinet to the left lower of the sink.