302 No forward Bilge pump see water in cuddy floor >

302 No forward Bilge pump see water in cuddy floor

Notices

302 No forward Bilge pump see water in cuddy floor

Old 09-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firehill19
Irish, then I would assume, this is how mine is wired if it wasn't changed. Have never heard it come on.
That is good Keith it means you have no water under your step. Usually the only way water will get there is if it drains through your front cleats down into the bilge so if you don't leave your boat outside in a monsoon you should be ok.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
That is good Keith it means you have no water under your step. Usually the only way water will get there is if it drains through your front cleats down into the bilge so if you don't leave your boat outside in a monsoon you should be ok.
I do need to find the screws you said are hidden in the carpet and pull the step up. Just curious to know if all is good.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Next Chapter in this saga: My factory bilge pump is shot... The new bilge pump has a different screw pattern for the block of wood. I drilled out the old holes to clean them up a bit to prep for filling with epoxy and... the wood block is wet, the holes at the bottom are actually weeping water.

Does anyone know if there is fiberglass/resin seperation between the wood block and balsa coring? Should I cut the wood mounting block out and replace? I know I am potentially opening a can of worms here...
Old 06-01-2014, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The reason why there isn't a drain hole is after a certain year a law was made to stop it because the fumes from a running generator killed a couple sleeping. that's when they added
the bilge pump under the step, my 33 ol has it and they do go bad and holds the water...
Old 06-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Registered

Update: I did cut out the fiberglass holding the bilge pump mounting block. Going to replace with plastic and re-glass. Ill take some photos for future reference.

I learned from XT you are correct they removed the drain hole because of CO not because of separation from the fuel tanks.

Does anyone know where the water comes from????
Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Registered

Update - Sat in the cuddy during the storms last night and am coming closer to finding where the water is coming from. looked under the cuddy floor and could see a small stream of water running down from as far forward as the cuddy floor went. Going to do some additional inspecting with the hose tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:26 PM
Registered

I have a 97 302 and my cuddy drain is a small 1/2 pvc pipe all the way to the bilge, when mine clogged about 2 months ago I came to 2" water in the cuddy. It was at home first i tried to snake from the cuddy but then i worked smarter not harder and I grabbed the air hose and opened the engine compartment and hit the small pvc pipe with air and it burped, and wala water flowed freely. And a dehumidifier in the cuddy for a couple days to make sure everything was good and so far so good. I thought about trying to snake it but the air hose worked so much easier.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Registered

Do you have pop-up cleats forward? They may have been plumbed incorrectly.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Registered

Update - found the hole! There is a small hole in the bottom of the anchor locker leaking down into the cuddy. I couldn't find it before because it was hiding under a bit of sand that allowed the water to slowly filter through. Once cleaned I could see the water flowing.

Any reason not to fill this with resin and seal it up for good? Only thing it there will be water in the bottom 1/2" of the anchor locker since its drain hole isn't at the exact bottom of the locker.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

Cruis... Where does the PVC tube come out of. Is it under the back seat or directly behind it.
Just trying to figure out exactly where you put the air hose. I still have nor resolved my issue with water in the cuddy thus I have not used boat this year. I'm reluctant to pull floor up for fear of opening a can of worms.
If the air clears it out I'm floating again. I used my shop vac and pulled over 20 gallons of water out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.