Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
New OB Baja? >

New OB Baja?

Notices

New OB Baja?

Old 11-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never let a good crisis go to waste? That was from our presidents cabinet I think. At least they've got people talking.

I figured they were about to offer a 525 with a surface piercer sticking between the two as a 3rd engine package option. If you're going to bastardize a performance hull, with a wake board look and bass boat power, why not go all out with a hybrid out board / inboard option. Then run it on propane or electric.....
Old 11-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tbirdusa
Never let a good crisis go to waste? That was from our presidents cabinet I think. At least they've got people talking.

I figured they were about to offer a 525 with a surface piercer sticking between the two as a 3rd engine package option. If you're going to bastardize a performance hull, with a wake board look and bass boat power, why not go all out with a hybrid out board / inboard option. Then run it on propane or electric.....
CNG might work but fueling would be issue and tank will be an issue also, but Electric, that would scare the crap out of me... picture, get back in boat dripping wet and go to leave only to have issues.. raise hatch and touch something.... bzzzzzzzzzz.. toast lol

With that, I get the whole crossover... but agree, NOT a Wakeboard crossover, but the popularity of the CC is rising so I guess the market is demanding more space and reliability and ease of use on obs? I was about to buy a Scarab 302 sport with 2x 300xs til wife decided she wanted sundeck and to be able to climb off back... didn't realty bother me b/c at that point I had her involved and agreeing to upgrade for more $$ than we originally laid out! Got my 33ol that I always wanted!