Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja experts get in here.  24 ol questions. >

Baja experts get in here. 24 ol questions.

Notices

Baja experts get in here. 24 ol questions.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

3k for the whole boat and trailer? The trailer is worth that alone. The motor and drive is worth that alone. Depending on your skill level, popping the deck and refitting on your boat wouldn't be unheard of. I couldn't do it. But someone like glassdave or someone with glass skill could do it.

I think for 3k, why the hell not? You could piece that thing out and get 3 times your money back pretty quick.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stlliberator
Hey man, just got to listening to your voice mail. You might be running into more hassle then its worth on this boat. If you say the boat is falling apart, meaning not just the delamination. I would be worried that the motor was not winterized at last time of pulling it out of the water. The motor might fire and run, but I have a feeling that once it gets warmed up, cracks are going to open up..anyway its up to you on what you want to do..you still haven't even given me a figure on what you would want for the windscreen, I need a figure to even go off of. How is the windscreen held on to the boat anyway>?
Buddy, I called you to talk about what you wanted to pay for that screen. guarantee XT knows how to get it off in usable shape. I said in the voicemail that the aluminum components are peeling. other than the entire bottom of the boat it shows well. call me back and we will talk....
Old 11-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I recall they are threaded for a bolt, or stud on the bottom side. After removing all of them just use a wire, saw blade, or putty knife to cut the sylicone bond. I would avoid prying on it as the last resort.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

so, i bought it. Im atwork right now screwing with the thing. Anyways i have found that it has a carb intake and a thunderbolt 5 dist. they just replaced the pickup module in the dist. i ran the numbers on the block and it is a gen 6 454. so,its got a carb... and a t bolt 5 dist with a missing knock module. So far what i know is the knock module was an input to a processor for timing changes due to engine knock. This unit is not a fuel injected unit and im not sure if i need that module to make it run. anyways i have put B+ direct on the coil and overlayed the circuits. if i take the rotor out of the dist and disconnect and connect the rd/white the coil will spark. if I install the rotor and spin the engine over no spark. i obtained a TB IV wiring diagram and wired in (overlayed) an old TB IV ign amplifier and no spark. What the fudge

the block looked good and there was antifreeze in the block. so it had to run to pump that in there. I just want to hear it run. What i need to do is just find a points distributor and light her off.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Registered

HERE SHE IS! IT IS ALMOST ALL FOR SALE!!!

Last edited by Fixxxer22; 11-30-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Registered

I don't think you did too bad for $3K. I would love to see more pictures of the delam. Did the previous owner have any idea what happened to it to cause that?

If you were closer I would probably take those cabin cushions but I don't think it would be worth the hassle to ship them.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Registered

He had no clue. Said they had it off the trailer and there was a point of impact (then he pointed toward the keel about 4 foot up from stern). He said that him and a friend did strip a majority of the glass/resin off
Old 12-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Registered

Im glad you bought it. This boat has been on the back of my mind. Like I said, if it was closer I would be the one posting pictures. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Registered

hey XT and/or TEAMBAJA.

You guys have any idea on how i can remove the bow rail from mine and swap it for that squared one? If i have to hurt my headliner then im not interested in doing it.

Also, The cuddy door. Can i swap them or at least get the one out without hurting it
Old 12-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
hey XT and/or TEAMBAJA.

You guys have any idea on how i can remove the bow rail from mine and swap it for that squared one? If i have to hurt my headliner then im not interested in doing it.

Also, The cuddy door. Can i swap them or at least get the one out without hurting it
Did you measure and see if the flat aluminum rail will cover the same hole spacing as the stainless rail. I don't think there is any way other than cutting the headliner were the bolts are located. You could always get some colored bezels and make it look like the bolts are suppose to be seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.