Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja experts get in here.  24 ol questions. >

Baja experts get in here. 24 ol questions.

Notices

Baja experts get in here. 24 ol questions.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja experts get in here. 24 ol questions.

I have a handle on a trashed 1998 24 Outlaw se. I have a 1993. First off the interior is in good shape and matches the colors of my boat now. Second, it has a trailer that is newer than mine. Third and best those footrests are in it! not only could i raise the value of my boat but i could part one out. One thing i noticed was the dash area had cupholders built in. and afwe other shiny things. this boat comes complete with engine and all. I wonder what it would take to switch the top cap?? That bow rail and stuff is nice. Also, was wondering if there was anyone looking for parts? to be specific 24 outlaw parts. besides what im stealing...
Old 11-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why do you say the boat is trashed? Whats wrong with it?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered

This is just from the person that bought it from an insurance sale. He bought it 3 years ago and said the hull was "trashed" and now hes cutting his losses. Told me over the phone that it was not fixable. he didnt picture the bad side or transom of the boat. im assuming that it hit something. the top cap has the neat looking rail through the middle as well. I have a good hull/ good everything in my boat but my interior colors are that of my old gel paint job. now my boat has black and red on it. It has the better bolsters with the handles in the back and everything. so basically I would be taking the interior components and paring out the remainder. And I know my way around enough to remove the engine, transom assy, drive, ect so would be able to sell. including my trailer. just trying to get back some of the money i put in. He said someone tried to bypass the kill switch or something. said has never heard the engine run. I need a diagram of the plug at the engine so i can power up the coil and ign control module. I'm going to take a can of gas and a fuel conditioning module i have here and give it fuel. if she dosent run then there might be no dice. he said he put a new holley 750 marine carb on it. being a 1996 it should be a gen 6 right? anyways, I'm going to most likely pull the trigger. Let me know what you need for the 24. all is up for grabs. the footrests are mine and all the interior out of mine is up for grabs but i will be taking whats there. i will be switching trailers with it both are eagles just that one is newer. mine has a clean and clear iowa title with electric brakes.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Registered

Im going to try and go sunday and see it/buy it
Old 11-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Registered

sent you a pm..
Old 11-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Registered

I wouldn't try swapping top caps over, that would be a huge hassle. Not for cup holders and a different bow rail anyhow. Those are easy enough to do on your existing boat.

I have a Gen V in mine, all you should need is a switched +12V to the purple wire, and the yellow is the starter relay.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Registered

If i power the coil by itself isnt that the coil b+ wire. Dont i need more to power the ign module on the thunderbolt?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Registered

got it. and you sir, Have DIBBS
Old 11-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
If i power the coil by itself isnt that the coil b+ wire. Dont i need more to power the ign module on the thunderbolt?
I don't know which post it is on the coil, never paid attention. Mine is a Gen V with a TBV ignition, all that is used at the dash is the red/purple/yellow.

If I was going to do it, I would get one of these little pig tails, and put a box on the end with two toggle switches, one for ignition and one for the starter.

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13226...t-side-12.aspx

You should only need three wires out of the pigtail, the others are a ground and sender wires.

Red - +12V from the harness
Purple - Ignition
Yellow (with red tracer I think) - Starter

Daisy the chain the red across both switches, an ON-OFF for the ignition and a Momentary ON-OFF for the starter. Flip the ignition switch on, then flip the starter.

Or you could just strip the wires, twist the red/purple together and then swipe the yellow across. Quick and dirty hotwire job.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
got it. and you sir, Have DIBBS
I have dibs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.