Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
98' 33 outlaw, operation "no more pink" >

98' 33 outlaw, operation "no more pink"

Notices

98' 33 outlaw, operation "no more pink"

Old 02-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can you get the tape graphics for any baja configuration ?? Like 99 models??
Old 02-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

That looks crazy good! Congrats.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks Tank!

Kenny, I cut he stripes after I applied them, so yes, you could. Butt seams were the hardest to do, but the knifeless tape made it pretty easy.

Tedious but not that bad...

Last edited by nailit; 02-19-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks awesome brother, great job !!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great man! Def a lot better!!! Hope to be down at the end of march to pick up Bad Idea, ill keep ya informed.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
Thanks Tank!

Kenny, I cut he stripes after I applied them, so yes, you could. Butt seams were the hardest to do, but the knifeless tape made it pretty easy.

Tedious but not that bad...
It's funny, I'm always looking at the classifieds at 33 and 36 outlaws and always think "it's going to need paint to update the pinks, etc"

Great idea to cover it up. And again, it looks awesome.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
It's funny, I'm always looking at the classifieds at 33 and 36 outlaws and always think "it's going to need paint to update the pinks, etc"

Great idea to cover it up. And again, it looks awesome.
Same here!! I was originally looking for a 302 and couldn't find one with out pink and also wanted mags and wind screen. Found one local with 500hp's but had lots of pink in sides and vinyl!

I came across my boat listed at a good price, but the lt green and pink wasn't appealing so I turned my search to 29ol's. Wife complained that cockpit wasn't much bigger than my 25 (she was right) and 99-2000ish were going for 40ish which at the time was more than what be set our max at..

Finally raised our max and figured we would low ball (somewhat... Over 8k under list) expecting them to counter and they didn't. Vinyl was already replaced at some point and new motors had 12 hours... Looked a lot better in surveyors pics and in person!!

Not the fastest, but labbed 24b1's are headed back as we speak or rather type. Via bblades!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I DID IT!

Not really, some graphics I did do myself but not the 97'-98' SST graphic. As for the colors you really have to blame the Baja dealers back then. They had the choice in the late 90's to option Blue, Red, Black and Silver color options, but I guess that is what was selling then. Look at the Formula's of the same time period and you will see the same colors on them. Here is a Formula interior that we just finished and deleted the Pink/Teal but kept the Purple and I changed the engine hatch design on it. This is happening on many late 90's interiors that we redo lately.

XT
And I couldn't be happier! Fantastic job! Can I put them up in the Formula section now?.... Lol!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
Same here!! I was originally looking for a 302 and couldn't find one with out pink and also wanted mags and wind screen. Found one local with 500hp's but had lots of pink in sides and vinyl!

I came across my boat listed at a good price, but the lt green and pink wasn't appealing so I turned my search to 29ol's. Wife complained that cockpit wasn't much bigger than my 25 (she was right) and 99-2000ish were going for 40ish which at the time was more than what be set our max at..

Finally raised our max and figured we would low ball (somewhat... Over 8k under list) expecting them to counter and they didn't. Vinyl was already replaced at some point and new motors had 12 hours... Looked a lot better in surveyors pics and in person!!

Not the fastest, but labbed 24b1's are headed back as we speak or rather type. Via bblades!

that's awesome. Like I said, a 33' or 36' will be on my strong consider list when we buy again. Just depends on what's out there when it's time.

What motors are in it?
Old 02-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
that's awesome. Like I said, a 33' or 36' will be on my strong consider list when we buy again. Just depends on what's out there when it's time.

What motors are in it?
454 Mag MPI with new Mercruiser long blocks/exhaust and they put all new accessories

Originally ran 68 (67.7) @ 4900 when I sea trialed with 3/8ths fuel and 3 guys in Va. (50 degrees) w/ 25p m+

then could barely run over 4k down here in the heat. I switched to 24p b1 and ran 64 at end of season @4750. Tried IN first and then turned back OUT.

But I did find that my bilge blowers vents were broken and also were just circulating the hot air (exhaust shoots up under back of sunpad and intake is right next to it)

I put directional vents to blow back and also added another blower sucking from midship vent and blowing over front of engines and intakes and added new K/N filters.

Props are coming back now from BBlades and cant wait to see what she will do now!!! fixing blowers should keep the bilge a lot cooler than it was b/c I lost a lot of rpms in the hot summer. (oddly a large amount of rpms)
Thinking the cooler temps should be good for a couple 100's rpms so with Brett labbing me to around 49-5000, I should be just short of rev limit with normal load and maybe bump it in ideal..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.