Dry Exhaust On 24 Outlaw >

Dry Exhaust On 24 Outlaw

Notices

Dry Exhaust On 24 Outlaw

Old 02-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry Exhaust On 24 Outlaw

Im dropping a new motor in my boat this winter. 509 BBC. It came with lightning headers and thru hull dry pipes. Would like to be able to run those. the only problem is that they don't have flappers on them and I know my boat already sits kinda low in the water. Def don't want to risk sucking water into the exhaust. SO has anyone tried this before?
Old 02-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, I run cmi E tops with full dry tails, I run external 4.5" flappers. They get alittle crispy but nothing to even bat an eye at. Have had them on one full season and might replace them come next year if they get worse next season. Still 100 percent functional but for 40$ Or so for 2 of them it's cheap insurance. But I will say they make the exhaust much quieter at idle. Which is a bummer lol. However on plane they sound very nice.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Registered

And they really don't sit that low in the water in my opinion. I run them more of a concern for coming off plane or backing out of a slip and having a wave hit the transom. My exhaust is 3" above the water line but when you have some people sitting on the back of the boat it will obviously be slightly lower. Not low at all compared to some of the boats
Old 02-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you send me some pics of it? My old motor was supercharged. new one is not, so hoping that helps pick the exhaust out of the water a bit, with people standing on the platform sometimes the platform will go under water. and while backing up, that def is a concern to me.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

I don't think I have any pictures of the back of the boat in the water where you can see the exhaust. I don't like to risk taking my phone that close to the water but I will look to see what I have.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What about drew marine shotgun tips. That's what I use.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FBRONCO
What about drew marine shotgun tips. That's what I use.
They are open at the bottom and can not completely stop water from coming back up the exhaust.