Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

double post
Old 04-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by verbi69
My buddy run a 302 ans is always complaining of the windshield frame being in the line of vision due to his height. I'll ask him if he would be interested in a trade. Might be hesitant though because of his camper pkg but who knows.
Mike
I'm 5'10" and windshield frame always seemed to be in my way when I had a 302. I typically got over top of the windshield to get a clean line of sight. I remember one day I found myself at the wrong end of Lake Cumberland in pouring rain. I ran the lake standing in the cuddy and reached back for the wheel looking through the windshield. Did stay dry though.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaDawg
Are the 252 windshields the same size as one for 302? If so I would be interested in trading full windshield for windscreen.
The answer is no. The 252's shared the same 800 series windshield with the 232's. The 38 Special, 302, and 272's shared the 600 series windshield that was larger glass and radius design. Here is where it gets tricky, even though the 38/302/272 used the exact same (windshield) each model had it's own special design (windscreen) Why? A windshield mounts to the horizontal surface with the screws running down vertical. A windscreen mounts to the vertical surface, and that was just enough different on each model that it required tooling for each model. I would think it would be possible to interchange windscreens on these three models but the fit will be less than perfect.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks verbi.
At least your in my neck of the woods.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Registered

If ya decide you need the 302 windshield I have, you can shoot me an email at [email protected] and i will give you a price. It will be a steal like the smokin deal I just sold my 302 for. The problem is getting it to ya as shipping is pricey. Although I never checked since I found what I needed, I assume you can have a middle section made for it.
Old 04-29-2023, 11:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by firehill19
Well, I have one! I've got the entire windshield minus the middle section that opens up. It came off a 2003 302 which I would assume would be the same fit as a 97.
Do you still have the windshield? I see this post is old but I need one as mine was broken by Hurricane Ian.