Maiden voyage on the 33.... >

Maiden voyage on the 33....

Notices

Old 05-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got the boat all together finally and took it out. I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised ! No issues and it ran and handled great . It was very smooth compared to my 272.... I took the new owner out in the 272 Monday and that thing felt like it was coming apart compared to the 33! I guess 900hp coming out of two pipes will do that Got to finish up my WetSounds stereo install tonight and hopefully be drankin some beer on it this weekend!!
Old 05-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

So where are the pics?? What power you running in the 33ol?

3 blades or 4? Mine blew out a lot on sharp corners with the 3 blades. 4 blades (now labbed by bblades) handle a lot better over all. We love our 33, good overall Poker Run/Family boat for us that we can bring the kids (5&8) out in the gulf and they are not scared!!

Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Registered

I'll know more this weekend . IT's running 25 mirage 3 bl now. I love the room. It feels a lot lighter than it is
Old 05-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
I'll know more this weekend . IT's running 25 mirage 3 bl now. I love the room. It feels a lot lighter than it is
Mine had the 25 m+s too. It ran well, 68 when I sea trailed in VA then I could push them past 4100 down here. Did ok, but going through a local bayou, it would blow out bad going around decent turns without trimming down. Fell like it fell to the inside of the turns!, freaky.

Loved the cruise at 3500 @ 50, but couldn't get rpms up down here in heat and humidity.

Had bblades lab some 24p b1s and she now cruises at 3800 @50 fully loaded. Full fuel, 800# of ppl and cpl hundred in gear/beer. Did 64 at 4800 but was still loaded down and boat was unbalance with ppl/gear and wasn't really trying to test top end. Labbed props definitely "feel" a lot better, more grip and no blow out in tight turns.

Going out Sunday and need to take off k&n filters I put on in winter to if it makes a difference. Hopefully we have decent weather so I can open her up with kids in boat.

Last edited by nailit; 05-22-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Registered

Does everyone's throttles sync or are they off some? Getting up on plane and cruising i'm about 3/4 difference in mine. I'm still fine tuning everything from the tear down but was curious.... Going to check cables, timing and drive heights this week.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
Does everyone's throttles sync or are they off some? Getting up on plane and cruising i'm about 3/4 difference in mine. I'm still fine tuning everything from the tear down but was curious.... Going to check cables, timing and drive heights this week.
THe props aren't dinged but a little scruffy. Just wanted a little feed back and direction from the twin owners....