Baja Outlaw 36 - No voltage to the stereo >

Baja Outlaw 36 - No voltage to the stereo

Notices

Baja Outlaw 36 - No voltage to the stereo

Old 06-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres something to check #1 , panel switch in cuddy, #2 fuse for the radio coming of battery switches, #3 fuse close to the back of radio hot wire, # 4 THIS WAS MY PROBLEM the push
button circuit panel under steering wheel went bad replaced whole panel and works just fine. great lakes skipper has the Baja original ones for your Baja.
good luck..
Old 06-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly what I needed, though I didn't know there was a circuit panel under the steering wheel. I'll check on that as soon as I get back to the boat. Thanks to everyone for the input.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

If all else fails run both the red and yellow wires directly to a battery under the seat, make sure you fuse close to the battery. Use the power button on the radio to turn off. Quick off is stand by, hold down power button for 3 seconds to get total off. This fix should take you minutes

I have always ran my boat stereos directly to the battery, switches and breakers make it too complicated for something that is used more than anything on the boat.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Registered

Agree... The 4 points of switches / fuses just seems to be a little bit of overkill for a stereo. I guess we'll see that change about the time we see Walmart open all 28 cash registers.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:32 AM
Registered

I see you launched in pcb where is a good place to launch a 38 ft power boat
Old 07-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Registered

There isn't a good place to launch a 38 foot power boat in Panama City Beach. We found two places that we were willing to try, and settled on St. Andrews Park. It definitely had it's challenges. Getting the boat/trailer into the park wasn't all that tough, but getting it backed into the water (on the ramp) was a real PITA. There isn't much room to turn around, and you probably wont be able to launch or recover at low tide, so schedule your boating around it. Relative to the jetty, the launch location was great. If you plan to store your boat there, I have some great info for you if you want it.

For further reading: I was the only one in my party that could legally operate the boat AND drive the truck (pulling a 40 foot trailer). The locals fussed when I left the truck on the ramp to park the boat, and they fussed when I left the boat tied to the dock to park the truck. Be prepared for indigenous crybabies that will overreact if they experience a 5 minute delay.

Last edited by marc9889; 07-15-2014 at 10:17 AM.