Corsa exhaust swap - 272 >

Corsa exhaust swap - 272

Notices

Corsa exhaust swap - 272

Old 05-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa exhaust swap - 272

Just picked up a 2000 272. Unfortunately, it only has through hull exhaust. My 1996 (which is now for sale) has the factory Corsa Quick 'N Quiet system.

What exactly would be involved with swapping these? My main concern is with how the exhaust is routed down to the outdrive..... Access, etc.

Anybody done this? Issues etc?

Thx!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:44 AM
DRP
Registered

I have the y pipe (an extra). I am probably going to need my diverters. Let me know if your interested in the y pipe and in the meantime I will find out if I need the diverters. Not sure what shipping will be like either to Canada.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:20 AM
Registered

I have the full system installed on the boat I'm selling. My question, is what is involved to install it on the other boat. Specifically, how hard it is to install, etc.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Bad-Influence
I have the y pipe (an extra). I am probably going to need my diverters. Let me know if your interested in the y pipe and in the meantime I will find out if I need the diverters. Not sure what shipping will be like either to Canada.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Registered

Nobody has installed one of these?
Old 05-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Registered

The boat probably came with a diverter of some sort and someone before you removed it. It should be easy to add the diverters back if the Y pipe is still attached to the transom assembly. If not, then the engine will have to come out to put the Y pipe back on. Look behind the engine and see if you can see the Y pipe. It will not be difficult to spot once you get to where you can see behind the engine (mirror). The Y pipe will be mounted down low, under the drive shaft. The branches of the Y split around the driveshaft. You see these parts for sale all the time here as most people pull these systems off. I'm like you, I like having the choice.

Dan
Old 05-29-2014, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Mufflers....., turn downs....... slip in's
Old 05-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

If there's no Y pipe there is a block off plate installed on the inner transom assembly, I pulled mine off when the 502's came out, its a lot of work but fairly easy to do, but pulling the motor will make it much easier, like suggested above, slip ons would be the wat to go. good luck

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 05-29-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info boys. I have both boats here, so I'm gonna go have a look.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

If you don't have a capped Y pipe on the through hull only boat,,,, the engine will have to come out to install one
Old 05-31-2014, 06:37 AM
Registered

I don't see anything on the through-hull boat. So it must be capped off at the transom plate. I think what I'm gonna do is, remove all the Corsa equipment from the 1996, and leave the Y pipe in. What's the best way to cap off both ends of it?

I figure if I ever pull the motor on the new one, I'll install the system. At least I'll have all the parts except for the Y pipe.