Wifes and boating >

Wifes and boating

Notices

Wifes and boating

Old 08-21-2002, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wifes and boating

During my Poker run in portclinton I had a chance to run against the F1 boat "Twisted Chicks". For those of you who don't know they are a husband an wife team. Usually he runs F-2 "twisted sticks" and she "twisted chicks". They we both in the F-1 phantom this week.

That Phontom ran beautifully. Imagine you driving and your wife at the throttles. They were kickin'....

Afterward I had to meet them. What a nice couple showing some true teamwork.

Kudos Mr. and Mrs. Eubanks. I've got to get my wife driving more.

http://www.twistedstyx.com/
Old 08-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Bajalion,

I met the Chicks in Washington, NC in 2000 when both the girls where still running the boat. They are awesome and really impressed me with their boating skills.

They almost won the Kilo that weekend, until Fountain pulled out a little F-1 Missle.

I bet that was a real treat to run with them.

Thanks Mark
Old 08-21-2002, 11:55 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I forgot something. My wife will never race, for that matter I won't either. She can and does drive the boat some and can get it back to the dock if she had to.

However, she is the BEST first mate you can have. If we are coming into a dock she has the fender and lines ready before you can blink an eye. She understands and knows how our boat works, and most importantly really loves and enjoys boating.

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS.

If your wife loves boating and supports the habit, then you are a lucky man.

I count myself lucky.

Let's hear it for the women!
Old 08-21-2002, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I second that Doc Holiday!!! I love it when the wife puts the 272 on the trailer and men just watch. Better than that, my wife can put the boat on the trailer better than most men!!!!

Thanks baby!
Old 08-21-2002, 02:00 PM
dloftis

LuvNIt,

My first mate doesn't put it on the trailer, but she jumps out and goes to get the tow vehicle...

Most of the time we watch people at the ramp take a good 5-10 minutes to retrieve their boat. I'm usually on the trailer within 30-45 seconds of her putting the brakes on, she jumps out and winches it down tight, and we're out of there in about 2 minutes start to finish.

THAT amazes people, and to me, it's just doing things right.

Old 08-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, thanks ladies!!!
Old 08-21-2002, 02:54 PM
Registered

My wife will drive the boat, navigate, and put a trailer in the water. She refuses to dock. She never complains about speed (she likes it) unless we have our 2,3,and 7 year olds in (she has the right).

Talking about not wanting to dock she was driving and I sat in the back. I wanted her to dock by herself so I rufused to take over. She pulled it out of gear and we sat there in the back for a while drifting. I gave and finally docked the boat.

I'm teaching my 7 year old girl how to drive and navigate. In a few years maybe she'll be my throttle woman.

Here's to the women!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 08:34 PM
bajachic2000

Smile Thanks guys!

I am one of the women that can do all of the above.
Its great to see reaction from people that I can back a trailer in the water...we have a 25' outlaw.
I usually get compliments on how quickly I do this.
Its great that you are supporting your mates.
We need more of this!
Keep up the good work!
Melody
bajachic2000

Old 08-23-2002, 07:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

You guys are lucky and I can count myself as one of the lucky ones, too! Boating is the best time we spend together and having my wife around is the greatest. She knows it all and can do it all. It makes life so easy around the docks when she can anticipate every move without any say-so and have everything prepared.

Thumbs up to all the guy and gal teams out there!
Old 08-23-2002, 01:27 PM
29Fever

Agreed! My wife too does everything but dock. I feel lost at sea when she's not out with me!

Quick Reply: Wifes and boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.