poker run Baja >

poker run Baja

Notices

poker run Baja

Old 07-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526159[/ATTACH]

This is it, planned to power & run hard, but as we see it'll be a no go.

Thanks

jimmy
Attached Thumbnails poker run Baja-40-poker-run.jpg  
Old 07-17-2014, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I still think it is a cool looking boat.

Now if a person didnt care about the top speed/handling as offshoresxcursion & XT explained that it isnt layed up the best and had lets say extra money laying around.

Put a couple of what ever engines and drives in her and just idle around from one marina to another or bar to bar if your at LOTO It will still turn heads.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jaayteee
if you could carve a couple of steps in the bottom so that it wouldn't take a brazillion hp to make it run, then you might have something.
I rode in it back in 05' ....it was a pig.
LMAO!!!

You must me talking about my Baja Poker Run boat 'cause this is what I hear all the time "Fat and Slow"
I don't think throwing cubic money will help either aspect of these traits on that boat or mine.
I just hope when repowering I can at least get close to 80 with more HP.
73 doesn't even feel fast at all in this sled.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 07-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Registered

So just to clarify (because I'm slow, lol):

It is this boat: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-Run-102119565?

And what exactly is wrong with this thing (hull design problems, etc). Was it rigged for twins or triples? What kind of power would it take to move this thing above 70mph? Just curious as the boat looks beautiful!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ajnoe3
So just to clarify (because I'm slow, lol):

It is this boat: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-Run-102119565?

And what exactly is wrong with this thing (hull design problems, etc). Was it rigged for twins or triples? What kind of power would it take to move this thing above 70mph? Just curious as the boat looks beautiful!
READ POST #2!!! Wait i will just repost it....

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Sweet boat we seriously considered buying. But the hardware required to rig that boat is worth more then the boat will ever be worth. Especially because the boat has been dropped from a crane onto the trailer/ground. Not the end of the world be there's no resale value. Plus the boat has the wrong size notch in the transom. It also has the wrong X-Dimension. SO it runs SLOW. Twin 850's with #6s runs slower then a NON poker run twin 700/NXT 40OL. sucks I know. SO you basically would have to reengineer the entire boat, center of gravity, X-Dimension, put even bigger power in it, and still be slower then every other boat out there, have way to much money into it, and have no resale value. Trust me I am a die hard Baja lover and tried every which way to make this project work, Talked to XT on the phone plus many others. Went out a bought a Cigarette instead!

The boat and trailer is Worth 20K max and you still will be upside down rigging it with 700+hp and #6s all while being bored going slow.........
Old 07-22-2014, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

That 40 pic was my screen saver for 6 + years, was in love with that boat!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Or if you want to go FAST keep yours and buy this!

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/30204
Old 07-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Or if you want to go FAST keep yours and buy this!

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/30204
That is really impressive for a straight bottom boat of that size
Old 07-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 92nsx
READ POST #2!!! Wait i will just repost it....
92NSX - thank you.

I read that post but wanted some more detailed info like how it ran (actual mph) and with what power. what kind of power/drives could be put in this thing to make it run around 70mph? Also, is the damage to the bottom fixed from the drop and how will the repair effect the performance of the boat, if at all? If it could be had for the right price and I could get the power to push this 'dog' to 70mph it might be something worth considering at the right price. I know no-one on here seems to think so but I don't need a blazing fast boat and I honestly think this is one of the best looking boats I have seen. It's a longshot and something I probably wouldn't do but it might be worth considering.

FYI - I called the number on the listing to try and get some basic info but got no answer, twice.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajnoe3
92NSX - thank you.

I read that post but wanted some more detailed info like how it ran (actual mph) and with what power. what kind of power/drives could be put in this thing to make it run around 70mph? Also, is the damage to the bottom fixed from the drop and how will the repair effect the performance of the boat, if at all? If it could be had for the right price and I could get the power to push this 'dog' to 70mph it might be something worth considering at the right price. I know no-one on here seems to think so but I don't need a blazing fast boat and I honestly think this is one of the best looking boats I have seen. It's a longshot and something I probably wouldn't do but it might be worth considering.

FYI - I called the number on the listing to try and get some basic info but got no answer, twice.
I get what you are saying, but not that boat. The paint, the bolster, all business cabin, see through hatches, spoiler....you show up with that, and you better be able to make some noise and put down a number. With small power that boat would be no different to me than a Fiero with a Ferrari body kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.