Water in Cuddy on 2004 29 Outlaw >

Water in Cuddy on 2004 29 Outlaw

Notices

Water in Cuddy on 2004 29 Outlaw

Old 07-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in Cuddy on 2004 29 Outlaw

Had a major rain storm role through and I didnt put the poles in my cover. Long story short the cuddy door was open and all the water on the cover went right into my cuddy. Ended up with 10 inches of water in there. My question is there are 2 drains in the floor and I assumed when i moved the boat so the rear was facing down hill it would all drain out through the rear plug but it didnt. Are they supposed to drain or are they just for looks? I removed the drain covers and cant realy see if this should all drain back. Anyone ever ran into this?
Old 07-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a bilge pump under the step it's either not working or the float is bad. Replace it and you should have your issue fixed. There isn't a drain hole in the bulkhead under the step.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Registered

Ill take a look tonight. i didnt even realize the step was removable. Is this pump automatic because there are no switches for this pump at the helm. Sure wish it would have been working. I still am drying things out 3 days later.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I realize it's not the same hull, but last month I was asking about thru-hull fitting midship on my 2000 / 272 and was enlightened by a fellow 272 owner about the under step bilge pump. Curiosity killed the cat and just leads me to do stupid sh!t. I pulled my step out and there it was a bilge pump that no longer worked if ever. Hull was dry to my relief. Story is around 2000 they sealed the bulkhead and installed the second pump on the 272's
Look on the side for a thru-hull my is in the port side
Old 07-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Registered

Yeah pump was there. Funny thing is it pumps right out the side of the boat by the gas lid. i just thought that was a breather or something for the fuel tank. Ordered new pump and should be good if i forget the cover again.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Try flipping your bildge pump switch to on. My switch controls both my bildge pump in my cuddy and the pump in the engine compartment. When I flip my switch both of mine come on.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Registered

It hase power to it all the time just wouldnt kick on when the float was up. The switch in mine only controles the rear one.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hands Auto
It hase power to it all the time just wouldnt kick on when the float was up. The switch in mine only controles the rear one.
My 232 is the same. In process of replacing front pump.