Baja 25 outlaw  80+ MPH what power? >

Baja 25 outlaw 80+ MPH what power?

Notices

Baja 25 outlaw 80+ MPH what power?

Old 07-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
I have also seen low 80's gps ... It's is Deffinatly a handful without hydraulic steering. I run a B1 with steel tower and thick floor gears, haven't had any issues as of yet but I don't live at those speeds either.
I had to go to court cases for Baja Marine where customers upped the HP on standard cable steering boats.

A good hard side torq on the drive at 80mph can push the inner cable right through the steel/plastic casing, then it's barrel role time. Just saying because I have seen it happen. Be careful, and put steering on your christmas list.

XT

Last edited by XT-Innovator; 07-13-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I had to go to court cases for Baja Marine where customers upped the HP on standard cable steering boats.

A good hard side torq on the drive at 80mph can push the inner cable right through the steel/plastic casing, then it's barrel role time. Just saying because I have seen it happen. Be careful, and put steering on your christmas list.

XT
Yes sir, haven't been back to those speeds since and won't till the hydraulic steering is added. It was deffinatley a white knuckle moment getting there until it found its sweet spot, but by that point i was done. I enjoy cruising more than WOT so I will visit from time to time, but never live there !

Appreciate the heads up !!
Old 07-31-2014, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hydraulic steering definitely calms them down over 80....
Old 07-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st off hello everyone its been a yr since I spent time on here at Baja . big hi to wild card .I still have AIRTIME BUT, its a part in storage. it ran 83.3 on gps back in 06 at about 5800 to 6000 with a custom 26 b1.I had hyd steering single add on. the 509 1050 nickerson carb. with the steering you really need full hyd steering single or twin. my add on single was no good my boat wanted to chine walk at 78 and up. I had to saw the wheel to keep it level lol. going down a river in curves was

fun at 80 to 83.. oh it had a 2''shortie two. the other boat I have now is a awesome rough water boat the SABER 28..I went with a konrad ace x factor drive which looks good, but is not for my hull. with saber putting there gas tank high behind the back seat. I found a leak in the tank. told saber what we were doing, ask should I put new tank in floor or back. they had no answer, well with a 572 blown GELLNER motor and tranny and twice the weight drive, it gave me a bouncey boat. unless you want your 380 k planes buried to drive level at 82. that was not opened up either, just a test run. so I stepped away from my boats for a year. to think what to do. cause my health is still phucked up lol. just got a shot in my hand today so I can use it again. Surgeries I have put off are redo knee replacement/do other knee/ do other shoulder/ elbow/ now went from 5 bad disks to 8 over last 3 years.so by the end of summer I will either sell Baja 24 or save it. but will figure out the saber, looking like sell the konrad to a trs or other tranny boat. it would do well. cause the tranny is in the extension box . I will put a bravo style drive back on the saber looking at scx are they worth the money or go xr. well I know I got off track sorry. but if you want hyd steering go full either single or twin. that I had on the saber and no chinewalk at all. later guys.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
1st off hello everyone its been a yr since I spent time on here at Baja . big hi to wild card .I still have AIRTIME BUT, its a part in storage. it ran 83.3 on gps back in 06 at about 5800 to 6000 with a custom 26 b1.I had hyd steering single add on. the 509 1050 nickerson carb. with the steering you really need full hyd steering single or twin. my add on single was no good my boat wanted to chine walk at 78 and up. I had to saw the wheel to keep it level lol. going down a river in curves was

fun at 80 to 83.. oh it had a 2''shortie two. the other boat I have now is a awesome rough water boat the SABER 28..I went with a konrad ace x factor drive which looks good, but is not for my hull. with saber putting there gas tank high behind the back seat. I found a leak in the tank. told saber what we were doing, ask should I put new tank in floor or back. they had no answer, well with a 572 blown GELLNER motor and tranny and twice the weight drive, it gave me a bouncey boat. unless you want your 380 k planes buried to drive level at 82. that was not opened up either, just a test run. so I stepped away from my boats for a year. to think what to do. cause my health is still phucked up lol. just got a shot in my hand today so I can use it again. Surgeries I have put off are redo knee replacement/do other knee/ do other shoulder/ elbow/ now went from 5 bad disks to 8 over last 3 years.so by the end of summer I will either sell Baja 24 or save it. but will figure out the saber, looking like sell the konrad to a trs or other tranny boat. it would do well. cause the tranny is in the extension box . I will put a bravo style drive back on the saber looking at scx are they worth the money or go xr. well I know I got off track sorry. but if you want hyd steering go full either single or twin. that I had on the saber and no chinewalk at all. later guys.

Airtime, glad to hear from you. I know you've been MIA for awhile now. Sorry to hear about the health and the constant issues with the saber. I know sometimes it's easier just to step away from them for awhile. Good luck getting everything squared away. I took a lot of the suggestions you had about the 240 when I redid mine. I raised the bolsters 5", added a true bulkhead from floor to deck entering the cabin, glassed the deck to hull joint, added kickers on the gunnels down to the floor and a full rear bulkhead at the bilge. She's still a bear to work on with the back seat in place but that's life. She feels solid as a rock though and was probably the best addition besides the power lol.

Glad to see you're still kicking around and hope you get everything squared away and can finish one of the boats

I'm also considering picking up a SCX. I've heard a lot of great reviews from online as well as some guys in the bay with them. They'll def hold some power and you can still space them up/down to get your propshaft where you want it and can run a XR prop shaft if you want instead of having to buy those pricey #6 style props. None of it's cheap though. But it's definitely cool. Good luck buddy!

Last edited by mickeymcclgn; 07-31-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

[QUOTE=NO SHOW;4151010]I have a 272 boss (I know its not exactly the info you are looking for but thought I would share) that makes 902 HP with a pro-charged 522, stern jack and a 30 pitch four blade and it has been low 90's
The stern Jack is giving you some of that too! 272's and 25s like lots of trim to run fast, shortys and boxes dont do much once you get into the 90's (my 272 lost speed with both) but I have never heard of a stern jack not giving a good increase, Smitty
Old 08-09-2014, 01:28 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to meet up with some old friends here on OSO - Airtime and Arcticfriends, and sorry for the thread hijack. Good to know your still around. Thanks for the likes, too.....
Old 12-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IN25Outlaw
750HP?? I have 800HP and see 85 with 33 prop in 2004 25 outlaw.
Agree. I have a 25 OL with 540. 750hp with 28 B1. 84 mph @ 5400 rpm. GPS.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Registered

Not sure my post is relevant due to my H2X has a 21 degree deadrise so its technically a faster hull compared to a 25OL. I have according to the Vortech web site a 630hp S/C 502 mag, it cost me all in over $12,000 for the s/c upgrade last summer. I am running a 26p Bravo one and I can bounce off the 5400rpm rev limiter before I hit full throttle. At 2200ft I am running just over 75mph with a bit of positive tab and runs like its on rails...but think if I ran a 28P B1 I could easily see 80. Top speed for me ain't everything as I like the way mine pops out of the hole and cruises effortlessly at 50.
I am going the old man route and just bought a Searay 300 w twin 350mags so the 98 H2X for $27,500 with 250hrs needs a new home. CL Spokane
Old 12-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Registered

I have an '04 25 OL with a Raylar HO 600. It dyno'd at 660 HP but I think it is not truly that. I run either a merc labbed 26P B1 to 5500-5600 RPM's and can get 77 MPH GPS. I also run a stock 28P B1 consistently 74 MPH (unsure what the RPM's were, maybe 4900). So to answer the original question of what it would take to get to 80 MPH...700 true HP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.