Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja 25 outlaw  80+ MPH what power? >

Baja 25 outlaw 80+ MPH what power?

Notices

Baja 25 outlaw 80+ MPH what power?

Old 02-22-2015, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 have a 240 sport 365hp 62mph put a 540dart with600hp 75mph best 80. then install new cam with 718hp 84mph. now i have a 582 with 744hp and the boat runs great. not shore of top speed. i am trying new props out. i race 3 other boats that were doing 85mph and pass them easly. the 582 really made the boat run the best
Old 02-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am repowering my 25OL this off season, With the orginal HO, a 23M+, a 7.25" x dimension and a notched transom best was 67. I'm repowering to a 525SC full roller motor, an imco neutral x box, an HD transom assembly, twin ram full helm steering and 280 K planes. Probably going to put a -2 lower but I'm going to run a friends before I buy it. Ultimately I'm looking for a 4.25 X.. I most likely will swap out the 280 plates for a set of 380 plates also.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JerseyOutlaw
I am repowering my 25OL this off season, With the orginal HO, a 23M+, a 7.25" x dimension and a notched transom best was 67. I'm repowering to a 525SC full roller motor, an imco neutral x box, an HD transom assembly, twin ram full helm steering and 280 K planes. Probably going to put a -2 lower but I'm going to run a friends before I buy it. Ultimately I'm looking for a 4.25 X.. I most likely will swap out the 280 plates for a set of 380 plates also.
Nice setup sounds like the ultimate setup! Any updates on speeds and performance with that set up?
Old 08-23-2015, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Satisfaction
Nice setup sounds like the ultimate setup! Any updates on speeds and performance with that set up?
Its a great setup and a big change in the performance of the boat. I've owned the boat for 10yrs so it is very easy to notice differences in the boat. I don't have any speed numbers for you yet, I've spent much of the season dealing with motor issues. I rebuilt much of the motor and just rebuilt the dominator, its screaming now. I have a 28" ready for some water testing but haven't done it yet. It whips the 24" right to 5600 with ease. I ended up going with a single ram and don't have a shortie yet. The boat runs so much better in rough water than it did. That was my main goal in a 25ft boat since I boat in rough coastal water. It gets great bow lift, runs on the pad, and with a little tab it runs like rails. Not going to be an 80mph yet. The 525 is a warmed up roller motor, H beam rods, JE pistons, Scat forged crank and some port work on the 088 heads.

It's been fun so far and I've had a great group of friends that wrenched on this project.