Why was it hard to locate??

Notices

Why was it hard to locate??

Old 12-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why was it hard to locate??

All,

I am officially a Baja owner after running a runabout for many years (Mariah 212z 360HP 63.5mph) but always wanted a good rough water lake boat. Long time of putting money away!

I recently posted my Baja 275 Boss that was just recently purchased.
WOW! I can now look over a long closed deck without looking at a bow rider.

Question:
I liked the 25 Outlaw but saw a 275 with the acrylic windscreen (faring) and began to look for one. The only problem was how rare they are.

Do you know why they are so rare to find??
Attached Thumbnails Why was it hard to locate??-05baja275extside.jpg  

Last edited by TEXASRPM; 12-17-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

275 Is a very good boat I have a friend in Dallas that has one and he is very happy with his....the reason that they are hard to find is that most people that have them are not trying to sell them.....also the 275 was at the end of Baja's run so you will find more 272's out there because they made more of them...
Old 12-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TEXASRPM
All,

I am officially a Baja owner after running a runabout for many years (Mariah 212z 360HP 63.5mph) but always wanted a good rough water lake boat. Long time of putting money away!

I recently posted my Baja 275 Boss that was just recently purchased.
WOW! I can now look over a long closed deck without looking at a bow rider.

Question:
I liked the 25 Outlaw but saw a 275 with the acrylic windscreen (faring) and began to look for one. The only problem was how rare they are.

Do you know why they are so rare to find??
That Picture looks like you are at Lake Ray Hubbard....
Old 12-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME 442
275 Is a very good boat I have a friend in Dallas that has one and he is very happy with his....the reason that they are hard to find is that most people that have them are not trying to sell them.....also the 275 was at the end of Baja's run so you will find more 272's out there because they made more of them...
Showtime,

I was not asking on the rareness of the 275 Model as a whole .

I was wondering why it was so hard to find one without the windshield? I finally found a 275 with the white acrylic windscreen which IMO changes the look of the boat completely.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe it's because most of us are attracted to the performance series boats because they offer more protection in the cockpit. If you want to run a flat deck stand up boat then get an outlaw.

My Boss boat had the windshield added back on. I'm kinda tall and appreciate the wind protection. I like the added privacy too (mine has a red sunbrella cover over it). Because I HATE the over grown ski boat look.

Good Lookin ride TexasRPM
Old 12-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Showtime,

I was not asking on the rareness of the 275 Model as a whole .

I was wondering why it was so hard to find one without the windshield? I finally found a 275 with the white acrylic windscreen which IMO changes the look of the boat completely.

Thanks
Sorry my bad...TEXASRPM......I must was reading to fast...You know how us Baja guy's are always thinking about Speed........
Old 12-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello TXRPM! Welcome to the family! I see you bought my friend's boat, you got a great boat!!!! He just got to the point he wasn't using it, always busy at work or a function, or on another boat! Are you in the Canyon Lake area and is that where you will be boating? CL is my exclusive lake. I will look for you out there!
Old 12-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by imartin
Hello TXRPM! Welcome to the family! I see you bought my friend's boat, you got a great boat!!!! He just got to the point he wasn't using it, always busy at work or a function, or on another boat! Are you in the Canyon Lake area and is that where you will be boating? CL is my exclusive lake. I will look for you out there!
imartin,

CL has been my boating home since 1996. Do you have any pics of your new or previous BAJA?

See you in 2015.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

imartin,

CL has been my boating home since 1996. Do you have any pics of your new or previous BAJA?

See you in 2015.
Right on! Been on CL since 2000. Seen it at its highest and its lowest levels. I have pics, but not at member level to post. My 30 was white with purple, yellow, black Boss Graphics. Was your Mariah burgandy, of the fastest Mariahs around? If so, i remember it. I always thought Mariah made a nice boat....
Old 12-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by imartin
Right on! Been on CL since 2000. Seen it at its highest and its lowest levels. I have pics, but not at member level to post. My 30 was white with purple, yellow, black Boss Graphics. Was your Mariah burgandy, of the fastest Mariahs around? If so, i remember it. I always thought Mariah made a nice boat....
I remember your 30 OL but could just hope to hit the lottery to get me one.

That's the Mariah (well made boat) that I bought new in 1996 and have owned since. It started with a 250 HP Merc and got updated in 05 with the tweaked 350 motor. After many years of getting hit by the bigger wakes (middle of the lake gets rough) I finally had the funds and made the decision on the BAJA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.