Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Blueprinting services >

Blueprinting services

Notices

Blueprinting services

Old 05-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Ric232

Originally posted by Johnny Bravo
I have a 25 outlaw with a 502 and Darrin just labed my prop. Our GPS speed prior to the lab work was 67.3 MPH with a 2 foot chop. Our labed prop should be here tomorrow, and we will be on the water on sunday to test it out. I wll let you know how it works. By the way our spedo tube did the same thing when it was new. We just had it replaced with a heavy duty tube.
What's a heavy duty tube? Mine keeps coming loose.

Old 05-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what the top rpm is. Haven't had it opened up yet. Did have it to 5000 but had some throttle left. How much to get my prop worked on?

Johnny Bravo - where did you get the heavy duty tube for the speedo? I tie wrapped it but haven't tried it yet to see if it will stay on. Have you tried this and will it work?

Thanks all.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Johnny Bravo

My local mechanic had to buy 56 feet of this tubing from Merc. It seems to be much thicker and stiffer. I also noticed that it is attached in several spots on the drive where it was not before so it looks like it will hold up. My mechanic also said it was a ***** to replace since Merc. changed the design.

Yes, I tried tywraps and many other things to keep the spedo tube attached and nothing would hold up for more than one ride.

Good luck, it took me two years to finaly get fustrated enough to have it fixed.

Old 05-20-2003, 05:33 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I'll go out and take the ty wrap off and sleeve the tubing, superglue it, clamp it, then ty wrap it and may even put some liquid metal over that before I'll take it to these boat weenies around here. May even replace it with GPS. That'll take care of it for sure.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:06 PM
Johnny Bravo

Darrin, Just wanted to let you know we recieved the prop today and it looks great. Gotta love UPS.

Old 05-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Registered

Thumbs up JOHHNY BRAVO

Originally posted by Johnny Bravo
Darrin, Just wanted to let you know we recieved the prop today and it looks great. Gotta love UPS.
THANKS JOHNNY BRAVO/HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND,DARIN
Old 07-10-2003, 05:46 AM
Registered

Default turn around time

We now have Sean,my brother with 15 year's exp.helping me speed things up in the Labbing dept. We are now cranking them out in two day's from arrival and no more than 3 DAY'S.