Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Is the cuddy in the 232 big enough for two adults? >

Is the cuddy in the 232 big enough for two adults?

Notices

Is the cuddy in the 232 big enough for two adults?

Old 03-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is the cuddy in the 232 big enough for two adults?

New member here, I currently have a 20ft searay and a seadoo rxp and in the process of selling both for either a 232 or 252. I don't want a 272 only because it wouldn't fit in my 30 ft shed. I am looking for some input from any 232 owners on how big the cuddy actually is, if its large enough for two adults to sleep? I have never seen either model other than in pictures and it looks small with the one seat to the side. I know most will tell me to go with the 252 but it basically come down to which one i find first for the best price at this point unless the cuddy it useless in the 232.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never owned a 232, but I've stayed overnight in a 220 Force and I used to own a 220 Sport and a H2X. The 220 Sport was like a coffin; I could only sleep in it when I was hammered. The 220 Force and the H2X were both doable for an overnight in nice weather.

Have you considered a 25 Outlaw instead? The cuddy is pretty nice in the 25, but it doesn't have a windshield. Don't know if that's a deal breaker for you.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Registered

Go with the 25 for the cabin. My buddy had a 232 and the bed on that thing is small and the end of the bed near the cabin door has a little curve in it that cuts that portion of the bed in half.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Registered

I just bought a 232 Boss w/cuddy, so I haven't got the chance to stay over night, but the previous owner told me that he and his wife sleep in the 232 cuddy. He said it's not bad for a weekend, but he said you wouldn't want to take a vacation down there! LOL!
I climbed down in the cuddy today and laid down, its bigger that it looks in the pics.
I'm 5'7" 270lbs and I think it will work fine for two.
I'll post up a few pics for ya, the first pic is mine, the rest are ones I found on the net.
Hope this help.....

Last edited by TSBBZM; 03-10-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

That boat with the red interior looks REALLY NICE!!!!!! Hahahaha.....Maybe you and the wife should sleep on it overnight while its parked in the garage!

E N J O Y !

Looks like I need to change my avitar pic and description
Old 03-11-2015, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would definitely consider a 25 outlaw but the mid to late 90's seem to have a small cuddy door which i dont like and the newer ones seem to be more pricey than the 252's. Thanks TSBBZM that helps for sure, and i agree your cuddy looks great!. I assume that you would have to lay kitty-corner in yours? We would only be sleeping a night or two a summer in the cuddy so maybe the 232 would be enough...
Old 03-11-2015, 09:36 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=chartersj;4277069]I would definitely consider a 25 outlaw but the mid to late 90's seem to have a small cuddy door which i dont like and the newer ones seem to be more pricey than the 252's. Thanks TSBBZM that helps for sure, and i agree your cuddy looks great!. I assume that you would have to lay kitty-corner in yours? We would only be sleeping a night or two a summer in the cuddy so maybe the 232 would be enough...[/QUOTE

I cannot speak personally for the 232 cuddy. I previously owned a H2X that was comfortable enough for a night stay at the marina. I have a buddy with 2001 232 cuddy for sale in Illinois, He uses the cuddy for overnight stay on the weekends. Like mentioned before a night or 2 is fine but not sure you would want to spend more time than that in 232 cuddy , speaking only from H2X perspective for me.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chartersj
I assume that you would have to lay kitty-corner in yours? We would only be sleeping a night or two a summer in the cuddy so maybe the 232 would be enough...
I'm not sure about that, I would say whatever works, it is more room than the pics let on....

Originally Posted by kreed
That boat with the red interior looks REALLY NICE!!!!!! Hahahaha.....Maybe you and the wife should sleep on it overnight while its parked in the garage!

E N J O Y !

Looks like I need to change my avitar pic and description
Thanks man, trust me, I thought about that the first night I got her home!
Yeah you need the Cig Top Gun Avitar pic back!
Thanks again Brother!
Old 03-22-2015, 08:47 AM
Registered

A few rough measurements for ya....

Old 03-24-2015, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have overnighted in our 232. But we are both pretty small both under 5'10" and 150 lbs. The only problem with the 232 is the shape of the berth, we are considering having a filler cushion made to make the bed more square in shape. With the filler I could see staying for more than just a weekend.