Aeromotive fuel pump >

Aeromotive fuel pump

Notices

Aeromotive fuel pump

Old 07-17-2016, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromotive fuel pump

A few years back, I needed a new fuel pump. I asked for suggestions here online. People suggested an aeromotive fuel pump. So I had purchased one and used it. No problems yet, if it fails I will probably blow my engine because it is super charged. Now I see on a forum in the beware or stolen section that 80 percent of the replies are bad mouthing aeromotive. A few guys support them, but many on that section bad mouth them. A guy had a bad experience with it and a bunch of guys said stay away from them, who do I believe and what is my new course of action. Keep it or consult my new mechanic and see what he says.

I appreciate any thoughts on this topic

Now they are saying go with a Weldon pump, on that forum

What do I do?

Jj
Old 07-17-2016, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Watch your oil and fuel pressure when under boost, i NEVER melted a blower motor down in my Baja and ran a aeromotive eliminator for quite a long time, even had a voltage booster on it which is supposed to shorten the life. After a few hundred hours of run time couldnt get it past 875 hp on dyno without pressure dropping off so i replaced it with another one, a-1000's struggle to maintain pressure when you try to make much more than 700 to 750hp at 60+psi of pressure , i couldnt get enough out of the a1000 on dyno years ago BUT even aeromotives published flow dats shows lbph flow nose dives at higher pressures and lower voltages
Old 07-18-2016, 07:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
Watch your oil and fuel pressure when under boost, i NEVER melted a blower motor down in my Baja and ran a aeromotive eliminator for quite a long time, even had a voltage booster on it which is supposed to shorten the life. After a few hundred hours of run time couldnt get it past 875 hp on dyno without pressure dropping off so i replaced it with another one, a-1000's struggle to maintain pressure when you try to make much more than 700 to 750hp at 60+psi of pressure , i couldnt get enough out of the a1000 on dyno years ago BUT even aeromotives published flow dats shows lbph flow nose dives at higher pressures and lower voltages

Thank you very much for information,

I always watch my fuel pressure under boost. Since I had a blow by and popped off one of my lines connected to the valve covers, I have been watching my oil pressure gauge too and had my oil pressure checked out.

On the other forum they said you want to run high volts to save your fuel pump and make it last, and low voltage is what makes them burn up,

so you are saying high voltage will ruin it, and you are better with low voltage

Why are you running a voltage booster in your boat?

So low voltage is better for an electric fuel pump?

Thank you for your support and it makes me feel better.

Also you have a scarab now?
I used to work at welcraft down in Florida where they made them.

Could you send me pictures of yours.

My email is [email protected]

Thank you for your time

Jj
Old 07-20-2016, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

13.5 to 14 volts is what your pump wants/needs. Should be on a relay w 10 gauge wires and mefi wires used to turn relay on and off. If voltage at pump is in low 12s high elevens it has to work harder. I ran a kenne bell voltage booster that upped voltage on my pump to about 16 volts after 5 psi of boost because even the aeromotive eliminator couldnt keep up around the 1000hp level. I did NOT run a bigger yet pump because at idle it would overcome my regulator and return lines and also burn up, Smitty
Old 07-20-2016, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
13.5 to 14 volts is what your pump wants/needs. Should be on a relay w 10 gauge wires and mefi wires used to turn relay on and off. If voltage at pump is in low 12s high elevens it has to work harder. I ran a kenne bell voltage booster that upped voltage on my pump to about 16 volts after 5 psi of boost because even the aeromotive eliminator couldnt keep up around the 1000hp level. I did NOT run a bigger yet pump because at idle it would overcome my regulator and return lines and also burn up, Smitty
Thank you for the insite, I will check it out soon as I get my boat back,

Also if you can, send me pic of your scarab , I used to work at well crafted and like scarabs

Email is [email protected]